latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

August 2013 s2Member & Gravity Forms Status

Home Forums Community Forum August 2013 s2Member & Gravity Forms Status

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Aug 25th, 2013 at 4:07 am #58659

Hello good people,

I hope to learn about s2Member and Gravity Forms compatibility, integration and customization limits and capabilities.

For my benefit, and for anyone else wondering, can we get a status here (or on a page dedicated to the subject), about using s2Member with Gravity Forms?

• I’ve Googled and searched S2Member searched Gravity Forms.
  • I’ve found many single topic articles about using Gravity Forms with s2Member.
  • Many of the s2Member and Gravity Forms posts are dated.

This post is intended to get answers to these questions to help me, to help others, to get SEO traction for this topic and s2Member, and to get the good people at s2Member (you know who you are) :) to help us with more robust documentation.

And maybe along the way s2Member will gain a few more sales and…

Here is a rough segue back to the topic at hand.

s2MEMBER and GRAVITY FORMS INTEGRATION

1. Do s2Member and Gravity forms integrate reliably (100%) without exploding the WordPress install, the database--and most importantly--any and all existing s2Member forms?

s2MEMBER and GRAVITY FORMS REPLACEMENTS

2. Can Gravity Forms be used to REPLACE any and all forms in the s2Member world?

s2MEMBER and GRAVITY FORMS MODIFICATIONS

3. Can Gravity Forms be used to MODIFY any and/or all forms in the s2Member world?

s2MEMBER and GRAVITY FORMS and CREATING CUSTOM PAYMENT GATEWAYS

s2Member and Gravity Forms both offer the same payment gateways (PayPal Standard, PayPal Pro and Authorize.net at this time).

4. Can I create customize payment gateways with s2Member and Gravity Forms--which are NOT from that list?

s2MEMBER and GRAVITY FORMS and PAYPAL STANDARD

s2Member and Gravity Forms both work with PayPal Standard.

5. Can I customize PayPal Standard buttons, forms and options with s2Member and Gravity Forms?

s2MEMBER and GRAVITY FORMS and PAYPAL PRO

s2Member and Gravity Forms both work with PayPal Pro.

6. Can I customize PayPal Pro forms and options with s2Member and Gravity Forms?

s2MEMBER and GRAVITY FORMS and AUTHORIZE.NET

s2Member and Gravity Forms both work with Authorize.net.

7. Can I customize Authorize.net forms and options with s2Member and Gravity Forms?

SIDEBAR: Maybe s2Member and Gravity Forms need to have a cup of coffee together. And see how they can work together to help all of us loyal users, and at the same time gain a huge market advantage. All the while NOT excluding their other relationships.

s2MEMBER and GRAVITY FORMS and STRIPE

8. Can s2Member be used with Gravity forms to add custom payment gateways such as the ever popular Stripe?

This is not intended to imply that we’re tired of using PayPal’s remarkably thin support, fabulously inconsistent tool set, and underwhelmingly government agency-like responsiveness to it’s users–but rather to clearly come out and say that me and I’m guessing 51% of s2Member Pro users DREAM of using anything but PayPal. No implications, inferences or any kind of subtext there at all.

s2MEMBER and GRAVITY FORMS and CUSTOM ACTIONS

We who live in s2Member each day know that s2Member has many, many built in ways to use PHP, API, and customizations (thank you for this!). However, related to this post I’d like to know:

9. Does s2Member know of any issues or limitations to the native (and effing AMAZING) s2Member hooks, [short codes], customizations, etc -- when using them with Gravity Forms.

s2MEMBER and POPULAR PLUGIN COMPATIBILITY

BTW As I mentioned before I and many others would LOVE to see a section at s2Member that discusses s2Member and compatibility with other most popular tools and plugins we WordPress people love to use on our client sites.

And near the top of that list I personally would LOVE to see the Gravity Forms page.

N.B. This section could seriously drive up sales for s2Member. It’s a powerful section and loaded with powerful pages of really useful info.

Thank you for your time, support and clear answers to these important questions–for me and all the others who DREAM to seamlessly integrate the powerful and wonderful s2Member and Gravity Forms tools.

Warmest,

Chris

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 7th, 2013 at 2:56 pm #59239

Hello?

Posted: Wednesday Sep 11th, 2013 at 1:58 pm #59457

I’d be interested in this as well. Both are “pro” level plug-ins, with common users. It would be great to learn more about the possible integrations between them.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 11th, 2013 at 3:14 pm #59463

I think we’re seeing the proverbial writing on the wall.

s2Member does not have annual licensing renewal, nor annual support pricing available.

The one time purchase price doesn’t work as a sustainable business model. Especially for a product (service really) that requires so much constant support and updating.

This is demonstrated by the Customer Forum being rolled into a community forum.

This is a tragic location on the bell curve for s2Member, which in my experience has been one of the most robust and feature filled membership access control plugins on the market for several years.

I wish s2Member would bite the bullet and make a move to a more sustainable business model with a one time purchase price, annual support licensing (with a 24 hour response Customer Forum), and an advance support system available for an additional fee.

I’d pay HAPPILY pay the $ 149 original fee, $ 99 per year license fee and a reasonable $ 29 to $ 49 monthly fee for advanced (same day) support.

Dear Jason and friends, do the math. If you raise the price, triple your revenue, and in the process lose 30% of your clients, you are more profitable and the remaining clients are happier.

Warmest,

Chris

Posted: Saturday Sep 14th, 2013 at 8:36 pm #59576

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

I’m forwarding this to the support team so they will see it. You may also want to submit this yourself. Please see: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.