latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Authorize.net is not setting EOT – Take 2

Home Forums Community Forum Authorize.net is not setting EOT – Take 2

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 37 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Page 2 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 30th, 2012 at 12:12 am #14899

My hosting provider is not FatCow but Media Temple.
Susanna

Posted: Wednesday May 30th, 2012 at 7:20 am #14924

Susan, I looked at your log files and see the last entry in the paypal-ipn.log file shows the EOT as set:

[hilite pre_code]
PHP v5.3.5 :: WordPress® v3.3.2 :: s2Member® v120309 :: s2Member® Pro v120309
Memory 35.23 MB :: Real Memory 36.75 MB :: Peak Memory 35.78 MB :: Real Peak Memory 36.75 MB
www.************.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1&s2member_paypal_proxy=authnet&s2member_paypal_proxy_use=pro-emails&s2member_paypal_proxy_verification=252579abb683f8b9a79d5d0a8bdba23c
User-Agent: WordPress/3.3.2; http://www.************.com
array (
'txn_type' => 'subscr_cancel',
'subscr_id' => '13081103',
'custom' => 'www.************.com',
'period1' => '0 D',
'period3' => '1 W',
'payer_email' => 'susrosario@************.com',
'first_name' => 'Susanna',
'last_name' => '*******',
'option_name1' => 'Referencing Customer ID',
'option_selection1' => '12997330',
'option_name2' => 'Customer IP Address',
'option_selection2' => '************',
'item_name' => '$0.01 USD / Weekly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )',
'item_number' => '1',
'proxy_verified' => 'authnet',
's2member_log' =>
array (
0 => 'IPN received on: Wed May 9, 2012 6:53:34 pm UTC',
1 => 's2Member POST vars verified with a Proxy Key',
2 => 's2Member originating domain ( `$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]` ) validated.',
3 => 's2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `subscr_cancel|recurring_payment_profile_cancel` ).',
4 => 'Auto-EOT Time for this account: Thu May 17, 2012 6:52 pm UTC',
),
'subscr_gateway' => 'authnet',
'ccaps' => NULL,
'level' => '1',
'ip' => '************',
's2member_paypal_proxy' => 'authnet',
's2member_paypal_proxy_use' => 'pro-emails',
's2member_paypal_proxy_verification' => '252579abb683f8b9a79d5d0a8bdba23c',
)
[/hilite]

What transaction was the one that you saw give you trouble last? What date/time does it have, or transaction id, something to find it in the logs, please. And what user is it so I look at his profile, please.

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday May 30th, 2012 at 10:32 am #14940
Staff Member

@Alissa Glenn

Thanks for the follow-ups here.

The HTTP test file that I installed for you, is rather easy to reproduce. Please ask FatCow to attempt the following test… Open a connection to port 80 (i.e. any HTTP URL), from a PHP script that resides on the server itself. That is, test the connection to port 80, from a PHP script that actually resides on the server.

The issue that I found in my tests, was NOT that port 80 was closed completely. Instead, it seems there is a problem when the server itself (i.e. via a PHP script), attempts to connect to itself via an HTTP connection.

Here is an example script that will reproduce the issue.

<?php
file_get_contents("http://".$_SERVER&#091;"HTTP_HOST"&#093;."/");
?>
failed to open stream: Connection timed out
Posted: Wednesday May 30th, 2012 at 12:05 pm #14957

Thanks Jason – I’ll update here when I get a response.

Posted: Wednesday May 30th, 2012 at 2:09 pm #14963

Hi Cristian

It looks like it didn’t record it. But it should have been from my test yahoo.com email address performed on 5/21/12.

Thanks
Susanna

Posted: Wednesday May 30th, 2012 at 3:43 pm #14970

Also I just updated S2Member to the newest update Version 120517 + s2Member Pro v120517.
I tried to enter a new subscription to test cancellation and now I am not even able to add a subscription. I am receiving a “Error #30. The configuration with processor is invalid. Call Merchant Service Provider.” I do not know if it is Authorize.net side or if it was the new upgrade.

@Cristián (Support Rep)
Shouldn’t we be looking at the Authorize.net log and not the paypal log?

Posted: Wednesday May 30th, 2012 at 4:56 pm #14976

I believe the Error #30 is not related to s2member but to the merchant. We are contacting them to see what is going on. I will update this if that is not the case.

Posted: Wednesday May 30th, 2012 at 6:28 pm #14983

Shouldn’t we be looking at the Authorize.net log and not the paypal log?

s2Member originally only supported PayPal, and later when new gateways were added, a good part of the existing code for PayPal was used, leaving some of the logging to happen in PayPal logs. Near the top of the entry I quoted, in the URL, you’ll see this variable: [hilite mono]s2member_paypal_proxy=authnet[/hilite].

I believe the Error #30 is not related to s2member but to the merchant. We are contacting them to see what is going on. I will update this if that is not the case.

Cool.

Posted: Sunday Jun 10th, 2012 at 9:49 pm #16120

I’m glad to report that this past test cancellation worked and the account . I did notice that this time when it worked that in admin, the edit user page had the “Automatic EOT Time:” set with the time and date that the account was going to expire. Hopefully that can help you with figuring out with whether the EOT is working sooner than later. I will continue to test to make sure the system remains stable.

Thank you!

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 5:41 am #16218

Great! Thanks for the update. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 1:26 pm #16273

Just a quick update – Still no progress from Fatcow. My assumption is they’ve figured out its their issue but don’t know how to fix it because they are non-responsive.

I’ll update here once I have information from them.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 13th, 2012 at 7:28 pm #16407

Thanks for the update, we’ll be looking forward to the next one. I hope they give you a solution soon. :)

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.