latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Auto-Login – works on test site but not live

Home Forums Community Forum Auto-Login – works on test site but not live

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Melvin Torres 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 5:00 am #55569
Melvin Torres
Username: rsuave

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 7:48 am #55662

First, THIS PLUGIN IS THE BEST!!!
Every day I keep finding ways I can enhance my client sites and it this plugin makes it happen – just short of amazing.

Thank you for the kudos! I’m glad s2Member is helping you so much. :)

Already tried disabling all plugins and activating one at a time. Please note that I have to have s2, “Nmedia File Uploader Plugin” and the “WP No Category Base – WPML compatible” for my pretty permalinks.

Got it. Could you, just for the test, disable those as well and see if the hack then works? If you find one of those is the source of the problem, then you’ll at least know where to fix the issue, instead of not even knowing what’s causing it.

Did you do the rest of the suggestions here? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

You may also want to check if the problem is related to the use of the www. See: Knowledge Base » Logged In, But Am I?

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 3:24 am #55737
Melvin Torres

Hi Cristián,

Thanks for the reply.
I have reviewed the site as you suggested. I had already done this but, again disabled all plugins except for s2. I reset the permalinks just to be sure. Disabled premium theme. Tried multiple browsers (Chrome, IE and FF). Also, revised EVERY single setting in s2. Confirmed the all security settings are exactly the same as the test site – got the green Security Badge! I am aware of the security keys and/or settings and the need to revise any links that may have been carried over from the test site configuration.

I should also mention, on the live site:
1. I originally exported/imported the s2 settings from the test site to the live site
1. the test member account is in fact being created
2. the test member account has the PayPal Subscriber ID (from PayPal Sandbox)
3. the redirection link specified in success=”MY_LINK_HERE” is not being shown, HOWEVER, if I open another browser tab and log in with the test account, then go back and refresh the previous tab, the correct redirection link is being displayed every time.

I think I have been extremely thorough. Before submitting my original request for assistance, I have tried all of these TS options. I went as far as leaving it all alone for 2 days to make sure I give my self a rest and look again with fresh eyes – no luck!!

Thanks again for any assistance you can provide!!

— Melvin

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 4:04 am #55741

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

Often times when something works on a test site, but not on the live site; the underlying problem is with server compatibility. What hosting company is being used in this case? Also, does this server use ModSecurity? Does anything show up in server error logs that may provide some insight?

See also: Knowledge Base » Mod Security, Random 503/403 Errors

If all else fails, please submit a clean/test installation of WordPress® privately, where you have reproduced this problem on your server. If our techs have a Dashboard where they can log in and reproduce the issue, that is about 90% of the way to getting the problem resolved quickly :-)

Please use: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Wednesday Aug 28th, 2013 at 8:48 pm #58824
Melvin Torres

OK. Gave up. Deleted all and started from scratch. Found the problem. USER ERROR!! LOL

I was going blind working late nights and too many hours. I had placed the /mu-plugins folder INSIDE the /plugins folders!!!

I really appreciate the support. Your plugin is SUPERB! I recommend it to anyone that asks about WordPress and memberships and will not hesitate to tell them about the great support you provide.

THANK YOU!!

A VERY Satisfied client
– Melvin
UniversoDeDominios.com

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Melvin Torres.
Posted: Thursday Aug 29th, 2013 at 6:47 am #58839

I’m very glad you sorted it out! Thanks for the update.

And thank you very much for the nice kudos, Melvin! It’s very appreciated. :D

If it’s not too much to ask, would you take a moment to rate s2Member and leave a comment over at wordpress.org? http://www.s2member.com/r/wp-rate/

A Facebook “like” would be great as well. https://www.facebook.com/s2Member

Thanks in advance! :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 29th, 2013 at 2:22 pm #58863
Melvin Torres

More than happy to oblige.

Done and Done.

Thank you VERY much again.

Sincerely,
– Melvin
UniversoDeDominios.com

Posted: Thursday Aug 29th, 2013 at 11:12 pm #58871

Thank you very much! That’s so nice of you. :)

It’s not much, but as a thank you, I gave you the “Supporter” badge and a discount in case you upgrade in the future. Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Sep 3rd, 2013 at 8:07 pm #59035
@rsuave

Thank you Melvin. Very much appreciated :-)

Posted: Tuesday Sep 3rd, 2013 at 11:33 pm #59054
Melvin Torres

@Cristián – Wao!! Thank you SOOO much. I am more than glad to give thanks. I work customer service and know the value of helping the customer out.

@Mike – My Pleasure!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.