latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Aweber "Add IP" always the same

Home Forums Community Forum Aweber "Add IP" always the same

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 22nd, 2012 at 7:21 am #22710

I am trying to integrate s2member, aweber (using the paypal email parser as instructed in the s2member tutorial videos) and everything is working except when a user signs up for free access to my site (and gets added to the aweber list) when they are added to aweber the “Add IP” for every user is the IP address of the web server, so aweber is seeing that all the signups are coming from one IP address and this is causing me problems with aweber (I can’t do a single opt-in this way)… is there any way I can change this so the “Add IP” in aweber is the IP of the user’s computer and not always the server’s IP?

If I just have a user join the list via an aweber web form, then the “Add IP” is the IP of the user, not the server, so that seems to be working properly, the issue then seems to be with the s2member/aweber/paypal email parser integration.

I am not using CloudFlare or any other cloudhosting on this server.

The IP address that is always added to aweber is 74.52.147.178 which when I do a reverse lookup:
http://www.ipchecking.com/?ip=74.52.147.178&check=Lookup

It appears to be the HostGator which is where the site is hosted but 74.52.147.178 is not the IP address of the server… the server’s IP is 74.52.31.XX

Aweber is threatening to shut down my account because all the add IPs are the same and looks suspcious…

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 22nd, 2012 at 8:34 am #22737
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Silver,

It sounds like your web server might be running a reverse proxy that is causing PHP to have problems detect the remote IP address. I believe s2Member is using the PHP $_SERVER[‘remote_addr’] variable to retrieve the remote IP address. Please ask your web host why that is always returning the web server’s IP address.

This is a problem on the server side, so you must consult with your web host.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.