latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Aweber integration-aweber email

Home Forums Community Forum Aweber integration-aweber email

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 8:22 pm #42621

Hi
I’m setting up a new site for Ev Post-vetkuws with the inFocus theme.

Question: Where do I enter the full aweber address for the list?
I know the format for it and have entered the list name.

I’ve set up 2 levels and entered the aweber list name for each.

I’ve spent a lot of time on the support forum and it is very extensive. Solved a couple of
potential problems with what I found.

Really liking this program so far!

Roger

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 7:47 am #42703

Hi Stephen.

Thanks for the kudos! Glad you’re liking s2Member. :)

Question: Where do I enter the full aweber address for the list?

I’m not sure I understand the question. Could you explain some more, please?

Do you mean the list’s name and where to enter it in s2Member for the level? That’d be here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› AWeber®[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 9:13 am #42717

Hi Christian
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› AWeber® I have 2 levels:

0 = free, all subscribers are added to this list, list-serv = equine-vetkuws
1 = free, only subscribers who wish to receive the monthly newsletter, list-serv = free-vetkuws

The email address for the lists at AWeber are “equine-vetkuws@aweber.com” and “free-vetkuws@aweber.com”

What I can’t find is where to enter the full aweber email addresses for the lists so the data gets sent to aweber when the submit button is clicked on the form.

Could you provide an example of a redirection code to use on the “membership options” page to redirect to the “registration page”?
At this time there are no paid levels so don’t need the PayPal buttons.

FYI
“Reverse DNS record, PTR, or pointer record” = Confirmed with hosting and it is on server
BCC s2 script installed and working, the api file has data from last practice.
Test email at AWeber done and parsed correctly.
I got a ‘New Member” email sent to my admin address, and the bcc one as well
The new member was added to the local database, but NOT to either of the AWeber ones.
“Open Registration” set to YES, allow all at level 0.

Is it possible, or ok, to use contact form 7 to develop a new form?

Thanks for your help

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 8:16 am #42799

What I can’t find is where to enter the full aweber email addresses for the lists so the data gets sent to aweber when the submit button is clicked on the form.

Well, if you’re using s2Member’s integration with AWeber, then you just enter the list’s name in the field for the level it corresponds to, and that’s it.

When the user registers, s2Member will send the email to AWeber’s address for that list so the user gets added. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› AWeber®[/hilite]

You can also set the API to transition the user from one list to the other when changing levels on your site. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› Automate Unsubscribes/Opt-Outs[/hilite]

0 = free, all subscribers are added to this list, list-serv = equine-vetkuws
1 = free, only subscribers who wish to receive the monthly newsletter, list-serv = free-vetkuws

As a test, could you create a list without the dash in the name and test the s2Member integration with it? I wonder if the dash may affect it in some way. (Just had dashes cause trouble in another setting, that’s why I’d like to test this.)

Could you provide an example of a redirection code to use on the “membership options” page to redirect to the “registration page”?

Well, you can simply link to WordPress’ registration page at /wp-login.php?action=register. You can also create registration pages using the pro-forms, which will also let you register a user at Level 1 without paying. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]

You can’t have more than one pro-form in the same page, so you’ll need to create separate pages for the registration forms for Level 0 and Level 1 users. Then just link to them normally from the Membership Options page.

Is it possible, or ok, to use contact form 7 to develop a new form?

You mean for the list opt-in? You can use other forms that integrate with AWeber to opt-in users, but this won’t register the user to your site.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.