latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Aweber Integration – change of member level

Home Forums Community Forum Aweber Integration – change of member level

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday May 20th, 2012 at 1:44 pm #14025
Paul Foster
Username: PAFoster

From “Automate Un-Subscribe/Opt-Out Removals”

“Work is underway to improve this aspect of s2Member’s integration with AWeber® in a future release. Ideally, a Customer would be transitioned silently behind the scene with AWeber® too, when appropriate.”

A change of member level is set to trigger a change of list in my AWeber.
“Require Opt-In on Web Forms” is set to OFF for this list.
Does AWeber send a confirm email anyway?
If so, is this part of s2Member’s AWeber integration still being worked on?

Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 12:28 am #14046
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Paul,

Yes, I believe a change in list would cause AWeber to resend the confirmation email anyway (you can do a test to confirm). To my knowledge, this was due to a limitation with AWeber’s API. We are still working to improve integration with AWeber and the next major release of the software should see improved support.

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 11:22 am #14075
Paul Foster

That’s great, thank you Raam.

Whilst reply may I also ask about a realted matter.

If I have Aweber sending me the first name, second name, and email, how can I get those variables into the registration form, so the member can then enter username/pasword to complete registration.

Basically the user will already have entered name and email on the previous page (an aweber form).

I appreciate that this could be done much easier the other away around, ie user registers and s2Member send data to aweber in th bsckground, but I specifaically need it to be aweber first, then registration form.

I could easily do something with this:

<?php
$name=$_GET['name'];
$email=$_GET['email'];
$splitname = explode(' ', $name);

$op["op"] = " ????  Register User  ???? "; /* The Remote Operation you're calling upon. */
/**/
$op["api_key"] = "66018d6f3deddf9f6fa6c7f02b16bceb"; /* Your Remote Ops API Key. */
/**/
$op["data"] = array (/**/

"user_email" => $email, /* Required. A valid/unique Email Address for the new User. */
"first_name" => $splitname[0], /* Optional. First Name for the new User. */
"last_name" => $splitname[1], /* Optional. Last Name for the new User. */
"s2member_level" => "1", /* Optional. Defaults to Level #0 ( a Free Subscriber ). */

Thank you Raam!

Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 2:40 am #14164
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Paul,

Your best bet is going to be modifying the Pro-Form templates to check if the Name/Email has been passed to the page via AWeber and then pre-filling the form fields if that’s the case. Please see Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?

Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 11:20 am #14184
Paul Foster

Raam,

Thank you ! You are a star!

One final still related thing, since you’ve been so helpful for me, hopefully this will be helpful for you.

If you haven’t already done so, please can you change the information given in s2Member’s Aweber Integration Option.

You can have your Members automatically subscribed to your AWeber® marketing lists ( e.g. newsletters / auto-responders ). You’ll need an AWeber® account and your AWeber® List IDs. You will ALSO need to configure a Custom Email Parser inside your AWeber® account.

Log into AWeber®, and go to My Lists -> Email Parser. If you like, choose the PayPal® Parser ( even if you’re not using PayPal® as your Payment Gateway ). You can safely ignore the additional instructions they provide. s2Member just needs the PayPal® box checked, and that’s all. Or, even better, integrate s2Member’s Custom Email Parser for AWeber, which will improve reliability and flexibility.

I thought I’d try to ‘integrate s2Member’s Custom Email Parser for AWeber’ to ‘improve reliability and flexibility’ in reference to what we’ve been talking about in this thread.

I followed the link and read it all, went back into my AWeber parsers section only to find at the very bottom of the list was an s2Member Parser ready and waiting for me to click!

Oh, and PS.

I’ve been setting up a membership site on JVZoo.com. I was back there again last night. Surprise surprise, Method #4 of the External Program Integration Option is s2Member!

Sadly though, I’m doomed. I DO NOT recommend JVZoo – the platform is highly convoluted and after many hours working it all out, I discovered last night there is no way in hell I am going to be able to use it for my membership site payments.

I do have iDevAffliate though, so will be setting that up instead I think.

Many Thanks Raam.

Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 11:17 pm #14244
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Paul,

Thank you very much for the information!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.