latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Aweber Integration with email parser

Home Forums Community Forum Aweber Integration with email parser

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 28th, 2013 at 10:43 am #50747
Donald Downs
Username: dddowns

Hi,

I have s2 member pro. I have used it for quite awhile – 1 year or so and it has worked great. I just use it to establish my site as a membership site – no payments. But it requires the visitor to register in order to get full, unrestricted access to the site content.

I had been using a separate Aweber form on my site that then required visitors to register again in order to get onto an auto responder list. I did not know until yesterday that I could integrate this function (getting subscribers onto my aweber list via their registration process when becoming a member of my site). Wish I had already known

So I set up the email parser and it is testing fine. My question is, when I went in to s2member settings and added the aweber list ID’s to the appropriate membership levels – will all the pre-existing members (those who are already members of my site – receive an email message now asking them to confirm so they can be added to my list? Or will this only function to add new subscribers to my email list with aweber via the parser? In other words – will I need to export the membership lists from my s2member (and if so can you point me to an instruction link on how to do this) and manually plug them into Aweber?

Thanks!

Don

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 28th, 2013 at 1:03 pm #50752
Donald Downs

Found the following posted by a member – Thanks! My hosting is with bluehost. They use proxies and so say I CAN NOT do a reverse. Bummer. Is there any other way to get this working? Thanks in advance for any help.

For all of you who have been searching for hours or days trying to figure out why the Aweber integration is not working through S2Member I”ve found a solution that worked for me. Might save you a lot of trouble.

Call your hosting provider (mine is HostGator) and request that they add a “Reverse DNS record, PTR, or pointer record” to your hosting account.

If you are seeing that when you run the “bcc” test that they suggest here and all is looking good meaning the “add” email is being generated by the S2Member system but Aweber is not adding your contacts to your list this is probably your problem. Basically without this “Reverse DNS record, PTR, or pointer record” your “add” emails will be blocked as spam by Aweber and names will not be added to your list.

I attached a screenshot of the info I still need. Is there an article somewhere that explains all this. I’d be happy to read it but can’t find it. I understand there is an article somewhere.

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 @ 6:08 pm #27493
Cristián
Official s2Member® Support Rep
Support Rep
HelpfulExperiencedCertified

Shawn, that’s great! Thanks so much for the tip!

I’ll be updating the article in a moment, and notifying other users about this too.

Very appreciated that you shared that after finding it! :)

I believe I have the s2member set up correctly to integrate with Aweber. I have the parser set up and tested and it looks good. but no subscribers are being added to my aweber email list although I have had multiple new registrants on my website via s2menber since setting this up. so they should be placed into my aweber list bit are not.

I am not sure what to do or where to go from here.

thanks,

Don

Posted: Tuesday May 28th, 2013 at 1:05 pm #50753
Donald Downs

Sorry, ignore my response to my original question. All I need is an answer to the original post above. Thanks.

Posted: Wednesday May 29th, 2013 at 8:30 am #50819
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m not totally sure on this, I will ask our team if this is true for sure, but I’m pretty sure that your User will not get another message if they are already on your list and are added again.

Posted: Thursday May 30th, 2013 at 12:30 am #50890

It looks like you read this already, but just in case: Knowledge Base » Debugging the AWeber integration.

Do you have another webhost account that you can test this with? If that’s the source of your problem with AWeber, and BlueHost doesn’t help solve it, then you may need to migrate to another webhost.

Did you ask AWeber about your issue? What did they tell you? Did they confirm you have a problem with the RDNS?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.