latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Aweber setup

Home Forums Community Forum Aweber setup

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 2:14 pm #12070

Hey guys,

Just jumped on board today and I’m having a few teething issues.

I’m trying to get Aweber set up before I move on to payment processing.

I’ve tried to get the manual email parser set up according to your instructions (since you say it increases reliability, and it’s critical to me that my emails work), but at the moment when I try the test I get:

“No rulesets were matched.”

What does this mean?

Also, can I test that it works without processing a payment? Will manually adding a member processing the email subscription to Aweber?

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Apr 28th, 2012 at 4:21 am #12129

Hi Melanie. :)

If you set up the AWeber list for the free users, then you can register free users to try the integration. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› AWeber® -> List ID(s) for Free Subscribers[/hilite]

This article can be useful to sort out the AWeber integration problems: Knowledge Base » Debugging the AWeber integration

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Apr 28th, 2012 at 8:11 am #12146

Okay, so I set up the aweber parser, added that particular listname to free subscribers in s2member, signed up using free registration page, registered, confirmed, checked the log files and there’s nothing in there but an htaccess file (and yes, log file settings are on).

s2member and aweber aren’t communicating at all it seems.

I’m not a newbie to this stuff. I’ve successfully set up DAP with WordPress, vBulletin, and AWeber all integrated.

That said, I admit I’m not the world’s most advanced techie.

I’m probably the middle ground of the knowledge of your customer base, and I really shouldn’t be getting confused by something basic.

Maybe I’m missing something simple? But, I can’t figure out what it is.

Posted: Saturday Apr 28th, 2012 at 1:55 pm #12167

Understood. :)

Did you try the bbc trick to get a copy of the email s2Member sends to AWeber? Did you get it? Knowledge Base » Debugging the AWeber integration

Posted: Saturday Apr 28th, 2012 at 8:28 pm #12174

So I set up the directory, put in the supplied s2-aweber-bcc.php file, tested the parser again (no rulesets matched), registered a new user, tested the parser again (no rulesets matched), checked the log directory, and now there’s a file in there called, aweber-api.log.

What am I to do with that?

Posted: Sunday Apr 29th, 2012 at 1:29 am #12184

Could you post here the entries from that log? x’ing out the email address, please. Thanks!

About the bcc hack, did you update it with your email address so it sends you a copy of the email sent to the AWeber? Did you get the email?

Posted: Monday Apr 30th, 2012 at 4:56 am #12209

AWeber api log:

PHP v5.3.10 :: WordPress® v3.3.1 :: s2Member® v120309 :: s2Member® Pro v120309
Memory 8.19 MB :: Real Memory 8.50 MB :: Peak Memory 8.34 MB :: Real Peak Memory 8.50 MB
thebigfatcure.com/wp-admin/users.php?action=delete&user=2&_wpnonce=c6e923a741
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_3) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.151 Safari/535.19
array (
  'function' => 'process_list_server_removals',
  'func_get_args' => 
  array (
    0 => 's2member_level1',
    1 => 1,
    2 => 'Tester',
    3 => false,
    4 => 'CUSTOMEREMAIL@DOMAIN.COM',
    5 => 'Tester',
    6 => '',
    7 => false,
    8 => true,
    9 => 2,
  ),
  'wp_mail_removal_method' => 'listUnsubscribe',
  'list_id' => 'bfc_customers',
  'removal_bcc' => false,
  'wp_mail_removal_sbj' => 'REMOVE#CUSTOMEREMAIL@DOMAIN.COM#s2Member#bfc_customers',
  'wp_mail_removal_msg' => 'REMOVE',
  'wp_mail_removal_headers' => 'From: "Melanie [TheBigFatCure.com]" <ADMINEMAIL@DOMAIN.COM>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8',
  'wp_mail_removal_response' => true,
  'wp_mail_removal_success' => true,
)

Updated the bcc to this:

<?php
add_filter ("ws_plugin__s2member_aweber_bcc", "s2_aweber_bcc"); function s2_aweber_bcc ()
	{
		return get_bloginfo ("MYEMAIL@DOMAIN.COM");
	}
?>

I then registered a new user, but I never got any email.

Posted: Monday Apr 30th, 2012 at 5:48 pm #12238
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Melanie,

Could you please confirm that the email address you’re testing with has never been added to that specific AWeber list that s2Member is configured to use (in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› AWeber®)?

If the email address has been subscribed to the list in the past, and then unsubscribed from that list, it still exists within AWeber as an “unsubscribed” email address and future attempts by s2Member to resubscribe the email address will quietly fail.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.