latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Basic File Downloads are not enabled???

Home Forums Community Forum Basic File Downloads are not enabled???

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 8th, 2012 at 2:53 pm #27823
dave101
Username: dhakes

Hi,

I’m perplexed as to why I received a “503, Basic File Downloads are not enabled yet” error on a PDF file download link on my site.

The only options to set /anything/ under “Basic Download Restrictions” are the file download counts. I’ve set those to MAX, yet I still get this error.

I’m using s2Member in conjunction with Amazon S3 and the OptimizePress theme. I also have S3FlowShield installed. Taking those out of the equation, I paste my (site).com/?s2member_file_download=… link into a browser window but still get the 503 error.

The S3 integration works fine for video playback AND when I use S3FlowShield’s shortcode approach to creating an on-page link. But I’d like to get the s2Member non-shortcode approach working so I can more easily integrate with OptimizePress’ styling.

Any thoughts about what the problem might be or how I can go about resolving this?

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 8th, 2012 at 3:29 pm #27827
dave101
Username: dhakes

Resolved. It seems that one must also provide a #days even when the MAX #downloads is specified in Basic Download Restrictions.

Ugh.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 9th, 2012 at 4:12 am #27865
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Ah, thanks for the update and for pointing that out Dave. I will forward this to the lead developer so he can fix that in a future release.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.