latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Battling with Aweber Integration

Home Forums Community Forum Battling with Aweber Integration

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2012 at 3:37 am #21204

It seems like I’ve completed all the steps but cant get this to work.

This is how my custom email parser is setup according to the instructions:

I’ve done test registrations and I don’t get an email notification from Aweber.

I’ve also tried YES and NO for double opt-in with no result.

You give this example to test it in Aweber:

Fake: header

s2Member Subscription Request
s2Member w/ PayPal Email ID
Ad Tracking: s2Member-test
EMail Address: xxxxx
Buyer: xxxxx
Full Name: xxxxxx
First Name: xxxxx
Last Name: xxxxx
IP Address: xxxxx
User ID: 9
Login: xxxxxxxx
Role: subscriber
Level: 0
CCaps:
– end.

But what EXACTLY do I fill in there? And at what point am I doing this or where do I get this from?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2012 at 3:40 am #21205

Not sure why my screen shot didnt show so here’s the URL:

http://screencast.com/t/YULZ2drZ

Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 2:20 am #21320
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi George,

Here’s how the s2Member -> AWeber integration works: When someone subscribes to your site, s2Member will send an email to AWeber containing information about this new subscriber (that test example you pasted above is an example of the email that s2Member sends to AWeber).

When AWeber receives that email, it uses the email parser (in this case, the s2Member Custom Email Parser that you created) to grab the information in the email and subscribe the user to the list.

The list that the user gets subscribed to is determined by your configuration in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› AWeber®. So, the first thing I would double-check is that you’re testing signups with an s2Member Level that you’ve configured to be subscribed to an AWeber list (if you’re testing with Level 1 signups, but you only have an AWeber list configured for Level 2, then test signups won’t do anything with AWeber).

The other thing you should be aware of is the 12-hour rule. You can also use a neat trick to BCC yourself a copy of the email that s2Member is sending to AWeber, so you can see exactly what is being sent (then you can copy and paste that data into the Custom Email Parser Test box on AWeber to see if your Custom Parser is working properly). Both the 12-hour rule and the BCC trick are described here.

Finally, if you’re still having trouble, I recommend taking a look at Knowledge Base » Troubleshooting Email Delivery Problems.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 6:57 pm #21421
Stephane
Username: stema

Hi George,

I notice a discrepancy between your screencast and the info at http://www.s2member.com/kb/aweber-email-parser-for-s2member/.

The discrepancy is the “match on” field next to the “trigger rule” field : body vs header

Hope it helps

Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 11:42 pm #21455

@Stephane thanks and well spotted! :)

@Raam

OK thanks for the help, I’ve made some progress with troubleshooting, but not quite working yet.

Here’s what I’ve got…

I installed the email log plugin and a s2Member Subscription Request email is definitely being sent to aweber.

I also installed the BCC plugin and got this confirmation as BCC:

Ad Tracking: s2Member-thatmlmbeat.com
EMail Address: xxxxxxxxx
Buyer: George Testing
Full Name: George Testing
First Name: George
Last Name: Testing
IP Address: xxxxxxxxxxx
User ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Login: georgetesting

I copied that and pasted it with the ‘Fake: header’ and spaces in the parser test, I then get the following error:

No rulesets were matched.

I’m sure it’s something small from here, but any idea what I’m missing?

Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 8:49 am #21499
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi George,

I caught another discrepancy in the Custom Email Parser screenshot: Your “s2Member” has capital S’s: “S2member”. They need to be lowercase.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 10:45 am #21517

Thanks I changed that but made no difference…

Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 3:11 am #21595

I copied that and pasted it with the ‘Fake: header’ and spaces in the parser test, I then get the following error:

No rulesets were matched.

It seems to be missing some lines at the end:

CCaps:
- end.

http://www.s2member.com/kb/aweber-email-parser-for-s2member/

AWeber provides a box where you can paste this in, to test your Email Parser.

Fake: header

Ad Tracking: s2Member-test
EMail Address: xxxxx
Buyer: xxxxx
Full Name: xxxxxx
First Name: xxxxx
Last Name: xxxxx
IP Address: xxxxx
User ID: 9
Login: xxxxxxxx
CCaps:
- end.
Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 3:37 am #21596

Alright thanks Cristián

Now we’re getting somewhere….

http://screencast.com/t/nHXvCJz7

So the trigger rule matches, but now what? What can I do with this to make it work?

Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 8:40 am #21620
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Now make sure that you’ve configured Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› AWeber® and then try testing a registration using an email address that you’ve never subscribed to AWeber.

Posted: Sunday Aug 12th, 2012 at 1:19 am #21810

Alright guys, thanks for the help. After covering every little minor technical aspect of this, I’d left out the most basic of basic steps in aweber, which is simply adding a ‘tick’ to get it active lol.

Thanks for the help, but now it’s working 100% :)

Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 7:56 pm #21927

Great! Yeah, the Devil’s in the details, huh? Glad you found the issue. Thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.