latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

bbpress and formidable with S2member

Home Forums Community Forum bbpress and formidable with S2member

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 3:04 am #22050
Angela Zou
Username: angelaz

Right now, I have a bbpress forum installed, and the user profile page are already available through bbpress user template. Is there a way to configure S2member to use the user profile template that bbpress provides instead of having to create another one (hence avoid two profiles).

The other thing is that, right now, I’m using Formidable (a form plugin) to handle my user registration. Since S2member also overlap with this area somewhat, can it configured to redirect to formidable (the form is actually placed on a page) instead of wp-login.php when asking user to register?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 8:51 am #22084
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Angela,

When you say you want to “use the user profile template that bbpress provides instead of having to create another one”, are you referring to when a customer makes a purchase with a Pro-Form? If so, then no, that’s not possible without extensive modifications to the code. s2Member uses the WordPress user base for all access, so it’s heavily integrated in that regard.

Regarding the Formidable plugin integration: You might be able to set your s2Member Membership Options Page (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Options Page) to the page where your Formidable form is located. That way, when someone tries accessing a restricted page, they will be redirected to the page where you have your Formidable form.

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 9:38 pm #22293
Angela Zou
Username: angelaz

Hi Raam,

I do have the Pro-Form available, but I’m just not sure how I need everything. In this project, I simply need people to be able to use Paypal and Alipay as payment gateway and redirect users away from the backend admin.

Angela

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 9:32 am #22347
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Angela,

s2Member does not allow access to the back-end, so you shouldn’t need to redirect them away from it.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.