latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Before I buy is this correct?

Home Forums Community Forum Before I buy is this correct?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 28th, 2013 at 4:47 pm #54304

I need a membership plugin for a charitable organisation.

The requirements are a WordPress website with 50% of the content free and not requiring any registration to view said content.

The remaining 50% visible only to members.

When a member joins the membership payment is to be taken as part of registration.

I have played with the free version and watched the videos and searched here on the forums.

Am I correct that I need the paid version for the take payment at time of registration?

Is there a way to delete the Free Access member as this is not required?

I ams sure there will be a couple of other questions before I commit.

TIA

Colin

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 30th, 2013 at 12:15 am #54364
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m glad to hear that you’re interested in using s2Member Pro. :-)

Am I correct that I need the paid version for the take payment at time of registration?

s2Member Pro’s Pro Forms are the only way that s2Member has to have a User sign up when they complete payment automatically. s2Member’s Buttons do allow you to have a User sign up after payment, but they must first receive an email with a registration URL.

If you want to allow your Users to register as they are paying without waiting, yes. You will need to use s2Member Pro.

Is there a way to delete the Free Access member as this is not required?

What do you mean by this? Do you want to delete Users if they cancel instead of demoting them? You can accomplish that by changing the setting in this section of your Dashboard:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior

I’m very sorry if that doesn’t answer your question. Could you clarify what exactly you hope to do if that’s wrong? Thanks.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 30th, 2013 at 1:23 am #54371

Thanks very much for the answer to the first question.

I will try with the second question again.

I don’t want or need a “Free Access Member Group” I want anyone who visits the site to have access to half the site without login or registration. Is this possible? Access to the other half of the site will be behind the membership plugin.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 30th, 2013 at 1:25 am #54372
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I want anyone who visits the site to have access to half the site without login or registration. Is this possible? Access to the other half of the site will be behind the membership plugin.

Yep. s2Member will only protect content if you tell it to, or if it’s the Login Welcome Page. So you would only need to protect the half of your content that needs to be restricted, and leave the rest as-is, and anyone will be able to see it. :-)

Posted: Tuesday Jul 30th, 2013 at 3:50 am #54384

Great, thanks very much off to pay for Pro now then.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 9:03 am #54494

Great, thanks very much off to pay for Pro now then.

Thanks for your purchase! :-)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.