latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Best Login Responsive Form & Account Page

Home Forums Community Forum Best Login Responsive Form & Account Page

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 10:55 am #32781

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 4:10 pm #32811
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Joshua,

We don’t have any specific login form plugins that we recommend, but any login form plugin that works with WordPress should also work with s2Member, as s2Member simply uses the WordPress login and authentication system.

Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 1:44 pm #32926

Thank you for the quick reply.

I downloaded a plug-in called: Custom Login Widget.

It works great, and I can place it just about anywhere. But whenever I go to (registering new account), it says that this isn’t able to be done. Is this a limitation of my wordpress settings?

Additionally: I would like to style my login almost in the same way that you have yours on this website here at S2Member. The only thing that I would change are the color of the buttons.

Thanks for your help.

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 6:55 am #32978

Joshua, for login you can use the s2Member Pro Login Widget in a widget area or via PHP. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Pro Login Widget (via PHP)[/hilite]

For registration you can use the free registration pro-form in one of your pages. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]

I hope that helps!

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 11:02 am #33309

Hey Cristián,

I understand the login widget. But, I don’t understand the PHP part. Is there anyway that I can post the login form on a regular word press page, and style it accordingly?

Also, I’ve figured out how to use the free registration forms…

But it is true that I do have to have one or multiple payment gateways set up in order to make this work, correct?

Thanks

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 2:22 pm #33343
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Joshua,

I understand the login widget. But, I don’t understand the PHP part. Is there anyway that I can post the login form on a regular word press page, and style it accordingly?

Yes, you will need to have a PHP Execution plugin installed. You should then put <? echo s2member_pro_login_widget(); ?> into your WordPress post/page and the Widget will be styled based on your theme.

Also, I’ve figured out how to use the free registration forms…

But it is true that I do have to have one or multiple payment gateways set up in order to make this work, correct?

Yes, this is correct. If you do not want to have paid subscription, and are only looking to create free registration forms, you can put dummy data into the forms within Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details, and it will work fine.

Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 3:46 pm #33465

Really? Dummy data? What specific strings of data should I use? Is there a rudimentary set of characters I should use?

So I can just put dummy data in, and not use any payment gateway through S2 member Pro? With this being said, since now the user has a free account, couldn’t I then use a new payment gateway/plugin of my choice? Would I still be able to protect links for payment buttons on the new plug-in/payment method from logged out users?

Thanks

Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 6:44 pm #33492
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Really? Dummy data? What specific strings of data should I use? Is there a rudimentary set of characters I should use?

s2Member only checks to see if the forms are filled when using free registration forms. Using “abcd” in each field would be fine.

So I can just put dummy data in, and not use any payment gateway through S2 member Pro?

Yes, that’s correct. If you’d like to only allow free access to your site you can do so this way.

With this being said, since now the user has a free account, couldn’t I then use a new payment gateway/plugin of my choice? Would I still be able to protect links for payment buttons on the new plug-in/payment method from logged out users?

If you set your site up this way, s2Member would only control access to content (i.e. protecting content by level or based on if users have certain capabilities). Nothing within s2Member will stop you from using a different system for accepting payment. However another plugin will not be able to use s2Member as a way to update user’s capabilities or level. This functionality would need to be done outside of s2Member.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.