latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Best way to refund paypal payment

Home Forums Community Forum Best way to refund paypal payment

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Qldpol 3 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Sep 16th, 2013 at 6:15 am #59612
Qldpol
Username: qldpol

I can’t find the correct answer to this but if I have a customer purchase an event on my site but then they want to cancel, is there a way to do that via the s2Member plugin or should i just do it via a paypal refund / reversal process?

I’m not using paypal pro, i’m not sure if that makes any difference but it seems like that’s all you’re ever really interested in talking about when it comes to paypal.

Thanks for your help

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 18th, 2013 at 1:47 am #59647
Qldpol

i can’t help but think that there must be other customers out there that are using paypal but not paypal pro so it won’t just be me that has this issue with the s2Member lack of support for standard paypal issues.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 18th, 2013 at 8:01 am #59657
Tom
Username: halasyt

You need to refund the person from PayPal, customers can’t take their money back.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 18th, 2013 at 2:43 pm #59668
Qldpol

Hi Tom,

Thanks very much for your reply. During one of the s2Member video tutorials the lead developer says ‘s2Member will handle all of your refunds’ so i guess that was a false statement then? I have no problem using paypal to refund the customer but why does everything from s2Member keep saying that refunds are conducted seamlessly with paypal if it’s a straight forward paypal refund and s2Member has nothing to do with it?

I appreciate your assistance but i’m still confused as to what was advertised as to what is possible. perhaps its a paypal standard v paypal pro issues, as i’ve said before s2member obviously isn’t interested in cusomters using paypal standard.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.