latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Best way to use S2 Member for Workshops

Home Forums Community Forum Best way to use S2 Member for Workshops

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Oct 17th, 2013 at 3:57 pm #60435

What’s the best way to implement multiple workshop memberships?

My goal is to give clients the option to purchase different workshops. Each workshop has materials, videos or ebooks they are able to access. The client is able to split the workshop payments into 3 installments

What’s the best way to have clients register and pay for the workshops?.

* The buy now form only applies to full payments
* each workshop has a unique page with downloadable material
* how does levels play into this

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 17th, 2013 at 7:02 pm #60444
cassel
Username: cassel

I have a site where I also sell workshops, which include videos, and downloadable documents. You can simply use Custom Capabilities (ccaps) assigned to each workshop and sell them as a “buy now” offer.

I have monthly workshop and each of them has its own ccaps, like “waug2013”, “wsep2013”, but I could have given them a more descriptive name if I wanted. It was just easier for me to go with dates, but you can use whatever you want.

For the levels, a member who has purchased something like that would likely be at level 1. I don’t use levels for my workshops as they would be “incremental”, making anyone at level 2 able to see the content of level 1, but with ccaps, you can restrict the access to only someone who has that ccap, no matter the level.

For the multiple payments, I am not sure if making a recurring payment for 3 times would work. It might. However, since there can only be ONE subscription at the time, you might run into issues. I don’t know if there is a way, through Paypal to get 3 instalment payments. I am pretty sure s2M does not do it, other than through a “membership”.

Good luck.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.