latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Bitcoin integration as a payment option?

Home Forums Community Forum Bitcoin integration as a payment option?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 3:53 pm #31820

I see now that WordPress is offering Bitcoin as a payment alternative, and I need it for exactly the same reason ~ international sales in countries with poor banking facilities or no access to our merchant services providers.

How long is going to be before s2Member has a Bitcoin payment gateway offering?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Terence Milbourn.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Terence Milbourn.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to customer support forums

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 7:31 pm #31850
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Terence,

We are looking into supporting Bitcoin in the next major release of the plugin.

Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 8:35 am #31870

OK, that’s excellent news, only you don’t say HOW you’re going to support it and via which payment gateway ~ or is this something native you are doing?

I remember at one time Paypal claimed they were not allowed to sell Bitcoins, while we thought Google Checkout would be a viable option. The Chinese are able to buy Bitcoins with Alipay while Americans cannot with PayPal. PayPal, MasterCard, Visa, and even Google Checkout now have rules which make it impossible for merchants to sell Bitcoins. It is ridiculous that Chinese individuals have more freedom to buy Bitcoins while citizens of the United States are forced to buy Bitcoins through “non-standard” methods due to excessive laws which have a knock-on global effect.

I live in Europe (UK) so I just hope the payment gateway you choose is either going to be European, Europe agnostic or maybe Chinese.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 20th, 2012 at 2:37 pm #32122
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Terence,

I don’t have any details about how we might integrate with Bitcoin. I just know that it’s being considered as an option in the next major release of the software.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.