latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

BIZARRE problem with setting up API scripting

Home Forums Community Forum BIZARRE problem with setting up API scripting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Joe Traveler 3 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Dec 12th, 2013 at 2:19 pm #61881

Hey guys. First of all – thx that you are here…Since today I have very strange problem with API scripting on my s2member.
Simply enough – I can’t setup API restrictions on any page, post, as I cant put any special character in field: ” Require Custom Capabilities?”. by special character I mean: ! () etc. etc…….
The same problem occurs with s2member installed on other blog….without any other plugins, just pure wordpress and s2member…

Damn…It worked yesterday ! ;-) I had in “Require Custom Capabilities?” putted: is_user_logged_in(), and it worked, it showed the page only to logged in users….

I really dont know what is the problem, maybe I have some kind of dementia …it simply doesnt let through any special characters in there….

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Dec 12th, 2013 at 7:09 pm #61889
cassel
Username: cassel

Isn’t that a WP issue? I know that it won’t let you enter any non alpha-numerical characters in the username for example. Maybe s2Member is limited by that requirement?

Posted: Friday Dec 13th, 2013 at 7:53 am #61905

it looks like..and its really strange as it was working few days ago….

anyway, “I hacked it ” by making now required member level to just subscriber, which is the same as is_user_logged_in….

working with wordpress is very frustrating at times, it looks like that you need plugins and hacks to get basic things done every moment :(

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.