latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Blocking S2 Member Menu Item in WP Admin Menu

Home Forums Community Forum Blocking S2 Member Menu Item in WP Admin Menu

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 4th, 2012 at 4:25 pm #15397
VegasKev
Username: vegaskev

I have a very serious need to give certain employees access to the WP Admin area to add posts, modify user passwords, notate users, view user logs, manually add/remove users, etc. My problem with this is that any user that has access to the WP-ADMIN Dashboard, automatically has access to the S2 Member menu item and the ability to view and edit the settings within S2 Member.

I really need the ability to block the S2 member menu item from everyone that does not have the “admin” role as their user role. Someone please help me with this. Thanks in advance, I’m drowning here.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 4th, 2012 at 4:49 pm #15398
VegasKev

So far, I’ve found a plugin called the Admin Menu Editor, which seems to server the purpose I was looking for. Though, now I have the issue of a sub-admin creating a user as “Administrator” role and then having full access to everything…including S2 Member. Any ideas on how I can block a role that has “create_users” capability from choosing “administrator” as one of the roles they are able to assign a new user they are creating?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 6:16 am #15453

Hi Kevin.

Jason posted about this recently: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/configuring-custom-roles/#post-13817

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Jun 7th, 2012 at 4:35 pm #15837
VegasKev

Yes he did. But he also closed the topic to replies, and so I wasn’t able to notify him that the solution he provided did not solve the problem. Since I couldn’t notify him in that thread that the situation was not resolved, I started a new thread.

Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 5:26 pm #15966

I see. Old topics get closed automatically by the forum, sorry.

No, I don’t know how to prevent a user with create_users capability from creating an Admin. This is really a WordPress question and I’m not familiar with that enough to give you an answer. You should google it or ask in the WP forums, you’re more likely to find the solution there.

I don’t know why WP would allow something like that. In my opinion, a user should not be able to give roles/capabilities that he doesn’t have himself. It’s a security issue.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.