latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Blog Farms

Home Forums Community Forum Blog Farms

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 2:28 pm #22895
Stu
Username: stueynet

I would like to purchase the pro upgrade but I wanted to clarify something about blog farms. My setup does not allow the sub sites to use the S2Member plugin and run their own instance of S2member. The setup is in place to have the membership system on the main blog only and allow it to control the number of blogs createable by user level. The sub blogs themselves will have no access whatsoever to install and run the S2Member plugin for themselves. Based on that will I be able to use the normal licence?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 24th, 2012 at 5:12 am #22928
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Stu,

Please see this paragraph at the bottom of the prices page:

If you operate a WordPress® Multisite Network, and your Network DOES make it possible for users/members to create child blogs or sub-sites (in any way), we consider your installation to be a Multisite Blog Farm. Please note, many site owners run a Multisite Network for the purpose of maintaining their OWN child blogs or sub-sites. The term Multisite Blog Farm does NOT apply to a Network that hosts multiple child blogs or sub-sites, all of which are operated by a single site owner. A Multisite Blog Farm (in the eyes of s2Member®), is a Network that makes it possible for its users/members to create child blogs or sub-sites; where one or more of these child blogs or sub-sites is administered by a user/member (e.g. if you offer blogs or sub-sites to your customers, for free or otherwise).

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.