latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Blog posts accessable to users only

Home Forums Community Forum Blog posts accessable to users only

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 11:45 pm #5157

s2Member-Pro

I put a page level restriction of ‘1 or higher’ on my Blog page, yet the page and posts are visiable to the general public. Just wondering if there’s a setting I need to correct to make it accessable only to logged in level 1 or higher members? Thanks. Karen
http://www.aimcenters.com/bs-blog/

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the "Customer Support Forums" forum

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 6:45 pm #5286
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

Where did you protect the page? Did you use the restriction options (WP Admin -> s2Member -> Restriction Options) or did you use the widget on the Edit page screen?

Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 7:27 pm #5291

I made the restriction on the Blog Edit Page itself: I set the s2Member Page Level Restriction to: “Require Level #1 (or higher)”. I did not make the restriction under the Restriction Options (I’ve actually never used this feature). The widget, however, is working, so when clicked on, the browser is re-directed to the ‘Membership Registration’ page. This is good! I did have the Blog visible in the main menu, but had to remove it because it wasn’t restricting access to Level #1 or higher. I need to add the Blog page to the main menu and have it restricted.

Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 3:16 am #5331

I see, you mean you restricted access to the post in the blog, right? Well, it may be showing in the blog list of posts, but if you try to open the post itself it takes one to the Membership Options page.

This video may help understand that behavior: http://www.s2member.com/videos/F267E93C7B467D64/

I hope it helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.