latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

BLOODY PANIC HERE!!

Home Forums Community Forum BLOODY PANIC HERE!!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 14th, 2012 at 5:05 pm #13424

I have a membership site where more than 100K people want to log in and pay me $4.50 a month.
All is set up as you tell me. PayPal and the whole enchilada.
Nonetheless no payments are accepted.
I now opened up the site so everybody can at least see my content.
I need this problem solved within 24 hours.
The site is reikimagazine-online.com
NOBODY can pay me with CreditCards, THIS is no fun anymore. I am terrified.

Further info. I cannot use authorize.net. I called them last night and they only do accounts in the USA. I need this solved as soon as possible because I am missing a LOT of money here.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 3:43 am #13469
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Boudewijn,

Have you configured s2Member with PayPal or another supported payment gateway?

When you say “no payments are accepted”, what do you mean? Are you getting an error message? If so, what is the error message?

Please provide more information.

Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 11:44 am #13528

First of all I wish there was a step-by-step to-do list, all features are scattered now over the different screens and options. If only such a list was available then there would be much less to ask.
Some good documentation wouldd be REALLY helpful. >sigh<
OK, what I have is two pages.
On page 1 the potential user selects a subscription, either monthly ($4.50) or per year ($45).
They are then send to the subscrition form where they add their data, password and captcha, on the bottom row they see the selections (I have ALL CC open).
They then check out with PayPal and I have set all settings there in advance. I filled the account details, IPN, PDT and the like.

The only way the money is accepted is when they send money through their own PayPal account, all other options give errors on the users side. I will contact one of them tonight (living iin Italy) to ask if they can reproduce the error so I can give more specific data. For now I had to open the site so everybody can read the stuff I have there. THAT is a situation I want to end asap, because that is an expensive situation. Mind you, there are 100K++++ people who like what I do and are willing to pay me for that. A simple calculation shows how much money I am missing right now. can you imagine I am not really pleased at the moment?
I come back with more specific data as soon as I have it.

Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 2:02 pm #13536

Irresponsible, ridiculous and just plain nonsense!

Your site is not secure therefore you cannot take credit card details directly on your site, how your managing to get one hundred thousand people entering their card details into a system that is not safe is way way beyond my comprehension.

If your losing $15000 hire a developer.

In order to comply with PayPal® and PCI Compliance policies, as set forth by major credit card companies; you will need to host all of your PayPal® Pro Forms on an SSL enabled site

I see that from your previous rather rude posts asking for support you was already made aware by s2member reps that you would need an ssl certificate, but stated that it would be too expensive and therefore was not an option, S2member cannot do any kind of magic and so you cannot take credit card details on your website without an ssl certificate.

The solution is simply to get paypal to take the card details on their secure server.

I would like to add that I find the support and documentation offered by s2member exemplary.

Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 2:12 pm #13538

OK, you made your point Philly,

Next step then is that I indeed use the SSL from PayPal. How does that work with the IPN and PDT?
You seem to be very experienced so instead of blazing about my direct language tell me more about the steps to take, I don’t find any docs on that.

And FWIW, I never said anything about the support, I was just bringing up an idea for a step-by-step checklist…
And no, there is no such thing.

Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 2:31 pm #13539

My advice would be to do as follows

The Subscription Signup/Registration Process

1. Internet Users will go to your Membership Options Page ( which you’ll need to configure on the s2Member General Options panel ). On this Membership Options Page, that YOU will create in WordPress®, you’ll insert the PayPal® Subscription Buttons that were generated for you by s2Member.

2. An Internet User will click on a PayPal® Subscription Button from your Membership Options Page. They will be transferred over to PayPal® in order to agree to your Membership terms and pricing. You can customize the Checkout Page Style, Pricing, Payment Periods, and more – whenever you generate your PayPal® Buttons through s2Member.

3. Once a User has completed the Subscription Signup Process at PayPal®, they’ll be returned to your site, where they’ll be activated by s2Member instantly, and given the opportunity to register a Username & Password for their Membership. ( Note: they’ll be allowed to register a Username & Password, even if you’ve set ‘Anyone Can Register’ to `Off` in your General WordPress® options; because s2Member identifies the User as having paid for Membership access through PayPal® ).

s2Member will also send the User an email with instructions on how to register their Username & Password, just in case they missed the instructions after checkout. That email will be sent to their PayPal® email address. Much of this is handled through the PayPal® IPN service behind-the-scene, where PayPal® and s2Member communicate with each other.

4. Once a User has completed checkout and registered a Username & Password, they’ll be able to log in. The first page they’ll see after logging in, will be your Login Welcome Page ( which you’ll need to configure on the s2Member General Options panel ). Your Login Welcome Page can contain whatever you like. You’ll need to design this Page in WordPress®, and be creative!

It looks like you already have everything setup so all you need to do is put the paypal buttons on your membership page instead of directing users to the pro form on your monthly-payment.

I know its not the solution you want but without the ssl certificate you either have to get customers to register before or after payment and I guess in your case its better afterwards. When you have some money coming in you can always purchase a certificate and go down the pro forms route.

Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 3:55 pm #13543

Philly, if you were a woman I would kiss you smack on the lips (bad luck for you I guess ;-) ). Thanks a gazzilion man! THIS is what I was looking for. Indeed, i had the idea already to get a SSL certificate as soon as the money comes in. Believe it or not but I really do not have the money for that now.

** a few hours later **
so far so good, I see that this works if one has a PayPal account. Is this also working when somebody does NOT have a PayPal account but a CreditCard?

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 1:00 am #13616

If you’re using the pro-forms without PayPal Pro, the user will have to have a PayPal account, because it’s required by Express Checkout. That said, if you’re selling a subscription, even if you used PayPal Standard button, the user would still be required to have a PayPal account.

Philly, thanks for your help and the kudos! :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.