latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Bouncing back from PayPal

Home Forums Community Forum Bouncing back from PayPal

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Epix Media 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 29th, 2012 at 6:49 am #17846
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

So all my S2Member issues seem to have landed at once!!

I am getting the message “Missing or Invalid Security Code” on my paid Pro form. You fill it out, go to paypal, login, go to confirm and accept the transaction and it throws you back to the Pro form page with that error…

This is my form short code:
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="3" ccaps="" desc="Gold Membership" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="GBP" dg="0" ns="1" custom="environment4logistics.co.uk|695.00|139.00" ta="0" tp="0" tt="Y" ra="834" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="1" default_country_code="" captcha="clean" /]

I’ve tried both captcha=”clean” and captcha=”1″ and both result in this error….

Help!!!

Zoe

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 2:38 am #17907

Hi Zoe.

So if you disable captcha for the pro-form, you don’t get the error?

You can try this hack with your own keys for the reCAPTCHA service:

/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2hacks.php
[hilite pre_code]
https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin/create $GLOBALS['WS_PLUGIN__']['s2member']['c']['recaptcha']['public_key'] = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx'; $GLOBALS['WS_PLUGIN__']['s2member']['c']['recaptcha']['private_key'] = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx'; } [/hilite] By the way, since you’re just accepting PayPal Express Checkout, you can add this to your CSS to hide the whole Billing Method section in your pro-form. [hilite pre_code] div.s2member-pro-paypal-form-billing-method-section {display: none;} [/hilite] I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 7:40 am #18180
Epix Media

Hi Cristian, that fix didn’t work, I’ve removed the captcha and its fine now. How can I get the captcha working and fix this error that throws you back?

Because its on the live site I’m having to get the client to test and all this trial and error is making me look ridiculous!

Also Its not sending you to the usual thank you page after payment, it just redirects back to the form with a little thank you message at the top…

Zoe

Posted: Wednesday Jul 4th, 2012 at 5:48 am #18256
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Zoe,

That error message comes from reCAPTCHA, not s2Member. If you’re receiving that error even when you’re using valid reCAPTCHA keys, then I suspect a problem with reCAPTCHA or the communication between your server and their server.

For a little background, please see this thread where the error was originally discussed.

Regarding the redirection after payment: Looking at your Pro-Form shortcode, you’re not using the success= attribute to tell s2Member where the Thank You page is. Please try adding that attribute with the full URL to the thank you page.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 4th, 2012 at 7:14 am #18267
Epix Media

Thanks Raam, I have spotted that post before but I also know the issue outlined in it is now resolved is it not? I’ll try generating new reCaptcha keys for the site and see if that helps…

I’ve had a handful of issues on this particular site that are related to the server its on so I wouldn’t be surprised if its that again.

Can my thankyou page be a completely custom page on the site??

I was under the impression it would automatically be the grey page that’s configurable via the admin…

Thanks,

Zoe

Posted: Wednesday Jul 4th, 2012 at 12:36 pm #18308
Epix Media

PS. just tried completely new recaptcha keys with no luck, I’ve tried them with the entry via the admin, the s2-hack.php file and the old s2-recaptcha-keys.php file. All three throw be back :( am at a bit of a loose end now as s2Member pro doesn’t work with other captcha plugins…

Posted: Wednesday Jul 4th, 2012 at 12:58 pm #18309
Epix Media

PPS installed a recaptcha plugin and tested with the same reCaptcha keys on contact form 7 and it works fine…???? Also tried both http and https in case that was the issue, also fine!

Posted: Thursday Jul 5th, 2012 at 8:01 am #18370
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Zoe,

I’m going to escalate this to Jason and see if he can offer any suggestions. Thank you for your patience.

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 11:12 am #18669
Epix Media

Hi guys, any news on this?

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 7:53 pm #18728
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

@Epix Media

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

I was able to reproduce this with PayPal Express Checkout. It appears that it’s caused by a change in the reCAPTCHA service APIs, which will no longer allow a single response code to be verified more than one time. The error occurs only during PayPal Express Checkout, because the customer leaves the site, and upon return, the challenge response is verified again (unnecessarily).

I’m having this fixed in the next maintenance release.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 10th, 2012 at 4:52 am #18791
Epix Media

Hi Jason, thats fantastic, thank you :) classic question for you – do you have a rough idea when that release will be available? Just so I can let my client know.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.