latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

buddypress bbpress forum post does not appear

Home Forums Community Forum buddypress bbpress forum post does not appear

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:19 am #19361
Buck
Username: stephenbuck415

Setup:
WP 3.4.1
BP 1.5.6
bbPress 2.1
(theme) Suffusion – 4.2.4
(theme plugin) Suffusion BuddyPress Pack 1.10
s2Member Pro 120703 + s2Member Pro v120703

URI Level Access Restrictions
URIs That Require Level #0 Or Higher:
/group
/activity
/members
/blogs
/messages
/friends
/profile
URIs That Require Level #1-4:
All Blank

Alternative View Protection – all enabled.
Other Access Restrictions: None assigned.

Forum Attributes:
Type: Forum
Visibility: Public
s2member settings: all blank

PROBLEM:
Basic Subscriber / Level 0 may create new forum posts, but is unable to read forum posts.
Admin & Level1+ can read posts (and do everything they are supposed to be able to do).

Steps to resolve:
Deactivated and re-activated bbPress.
Settings > Forums > Re-saved default settings.
Plugins > Suffusion BP Settings > selected (Re)Build BP Files
Verified related Forum areas have no s2Member icon.
Reviewed s2Member General Settings and Restrictions and was unable to find anything that might be causing this…

QUESTION:
Have I missed an s2member setting somewhere that would prevent basic Subscribers / Level 0’s from reading forum posts? Level 0’s can post but not read posts, and Levels 1+ can read (and post) posts.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 5:28 am #19460
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Buck,

Everything looks right to me. Have you tried disabling the Suffusion BuddyPress Pack and reverting to the default WordPress theme (TwentyEleven) to see if either that additional plugin or your theme is causing the issue?

Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 6:16 am #19472
Buck
Username: stephenbuck415

I’m afraid this was one site I had not created on a testing server before going live, but fortunately it was still only in the setup phase (no paying customers). I rebuilt the site on a test server and it worked fine, even with the same plugins activated.

More than anything I was concerned that I had missed an s2Member setting, and thank you for confirming I had not. I’m confident the new install will work fine.

Thank you for your time.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 3:58 am #19577
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thanks for the update, Buck!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.