latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

BuddyPress or bbPress

Home Forums Community Forum BuddyPress or bbPress

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Apr 7th, 2013 at 10:34 am #46800
cassel
Username: cassel

As i am looking around to possibly replace my Mingle forum plugin by another one, i am looking at BuddyPress and bbPress, but honestly, i have the hardest time seeing how they two differ. I know they both integrate with s2M so either one should work fine, but i would like some input from those who used them. Either one of them causing more issues? either one of them is looking better?

What is your take on those?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 8:00 pm #46954
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

s2Member supports both BuddyPress and bbPress. The main difference between the two is that BuddyPress is more of a “full package”, as it includes a messaging system, the ability to like and comment things, a profile page, etc.. bbPress is only a forums system.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 8:03 pm #46956
cassel
Username: cassel

Thank you Bruce. AS i was reading their description, i just could not make such a clear image of what each one was about. You did it effectively.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.