latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Bump all members one level

Home Forums Community Forum Bump all members one level

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 2:04 pm #19541
Mary May
Username: marymay

We’re considering a lower level product than the one we currently use for Level 1. This new product would be the base for Level 1, and all of the existing Level 1 members should logically be bumped to Level 2. (BTW, L1 is currently a recurring subscription offered only through PayPal.)

Can we simply change the WordPress User Role for each existing L1 member? What are the side effects or unintended consequences of manually bumping the roles?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 4:37 am #19594
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Mary,

Yes, you can simply bump the user’s roles to Level 2. Changing the role won’t have any affect on the PayPal subscriptions. The only effect would be what your members have access to within s2Member and since you’re going to a higher level, they will automatically have access to everything granted to Level 1, so you should be good to go.

I recommend testing an account first just to make sure everything works as expected.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 9:00 am #19628
Mary May
Username: marymay

Thanks Raam!
That’s what I was expecting, and I tested with a test-user and saw no ill effects.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 10:15 pm #19703
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Great! Thanks for getting back to me. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.