latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Button generator not listing pages

Home Forums Community Forum Button generator not listing pages

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bella Bellucci 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 10th, 2012 at 7:59 pm #4784

Hi. I just purchased Pro and I have to compliment you on how easy you’ve made it to set up both Paypal and CCBill. However, I seem to be having an issue with the system. I know how to protect pages for individual sale, but the button generator tab does not list these pages, and I don’t know the shortcode syntax for alter the code by hand. I previously was able to figure out the Paypal syntax, but I’m having trouble with the CCBill version. Any assistance would be appreciated!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 10th, 2012 at 10:36 pm #4786

I just realized that I also can’t seem to add member levels using the documented technique. I have uninstalled and re-installed s2member and it doesn’t seem to help either.

Also, a quick addition: in the past when I have had my former issue, I also tried running no other plugins aside from s2member and that didn’t work either. Somehow I suspect the issues are related.

Posted: Saturday Feb 11th, 2012 at 2:22 pm #4823
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Bella,

Did you add the page/post IDs to the Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions in WP Admin -> s2Member -> Restriction Options -> Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions?

You may also want to review these two videos:
http://www.s2member.com/videos/F267E93C7B467D64/
http://www.s2member.com/videos/ED64B278374AB72F/

Posted: Saturday Feb 11th, 2012 at 5:49 pm #4834

Yes, I did that already, and on the edit screen for the page in question, it’s confirmed that it is protected by s2member. It just doesn’t show up in the button list, nor have any other protected pages in the past.

Posted: Sunday Feb 12th, 2012 at 1:03 pm #4901

Another update: I set up the monthly membership page as well, but I receive an error on a blank page [‘Invalid request (1)’] whenever I click a button. CCBill has confirmed that everything is in order on their end. I’m still thinking all of these issues are related. Thanks again.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 12:57 am #5006

Hi. I’m not trying to complain, but I can’t open my site until I resolve this issue. Can someone please help me? Thanks again.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 5:31 pm #5066
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your patience.

I’ve just taken a look at your original topic and replies. It sounds like you’re trying to use s2Member’s Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions, and although you’ve protected several Posts/Pages this way, they’re not showing up in the Specific Post/Page Button Generator? Is that correct?

If so, I would suspect that you’ve created a conflict by mistake. s2Member will not allow you to generate a Payment Button that facilitates Specific Post/Page Access, with any Post/Page which is already protected with Membership Level Restrictions (of any kind).

In other words, if the Posts/Pages are not showing up in the Button Generator, it’s most likely because those Posts/Pages are already protected by s2Member’s Membership functionality in some way. I would review all of your s2Member -> Restriction Options to be sure these Posts/Pages (i.e. the ones that are NOT showing up) are ONLY protected with Specific Post/Page Restrictions, and nothing else. Look for anything which includes multiple areas of your site, like Tag Restrictions, Category Restrictions, URI Restrictions, or the special keyword “all”.

Please let us know if problems persist.

Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 11:37 pm #5433

Hi there. I just checked to make sure there were no level restrictions on the post in question, and there was one. I corrected the problem, but still nothing shows up in the protected list.

Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 12:17 pm #5698

Anything new on this issue? I’ve found another that I will be posting on a separate thread that involved the IPN return URLs showing up as blank white pages. Could they be related?

Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 11:32 am #5950
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Bella,

Did you check for restrictions in the restriction options (WP Admin -> s2Member -> Restriction Options) as opposed to restrictions on just the post itself?

Regarding the IPN return URL showing a blank page: That is correct behavior. The IPN Return URLs are not designed to be visited by a browser. PayPal sends information to those URLs that s2Member processes and handles on its own.

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 2:00 pm #6519

Oh geez, yeah you’re right. For some reason I had the post in question listed as level 0 on the Restriction Options even though I went back into the post to remove the restriction. I guess I know now that the post options in the editor do not take the posts in question out of any other lists.

I wonder why I had a redundancy in the first place, but there it is. Thanks!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.