latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can I change the role of Free Subscriber?

Home Forums Community Forum Can I change the role of Free Subscriber?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 10th, 2012 at 6:40 am #18799

According to s2Member® General Options -> Open Registaration,
s2Member supports Free Subscribers ( at Level #0 ), along with four Primary Levels [1-4] of paid Membership.
If you want your visitors to be capable of registering absolutely free,
you will want to “allow” Open Registration. Whenever a visitor registers without paying,
they’ll automatically become a Free Subscriber, at Level #0.

Q1.
Is it possible to give the role as Author to free user(without payment) who register
on buddypress registration form( open registration)?

Q2.
In the case of defining Level#1 Members as special paid member, I would like to know the relationship between
WordPress role(e.g: Subscriber, Contributor, Author) and S2member role.

I would like to give the role as the Author to all members ,regardless paid member or not.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 2:11 am #18871
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Masanori,

s2Member only supports the WordPress Subscriber role.

All of the s2Member Levels have the Subscriber role capabilities. If you wish to change the s2Member Level role capabilities, you will need to use a 3rd party plugin such as the Role Editor plugin.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 3:57 pm #18950

Hi Raam,
Thank you for your reply.

I will try to inspect a 3rd party plugin such as ‘user role editor’.
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/user-role-editor/

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 7:14 am #19024

Masanori-san, if you edit your roles, you may want to read this article too: Knowledge Base » Locking s2Member Roles/Capabilities

I hope it helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.