latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can I create a cart and charge for add ons

Home Forums Community Forum Can I create a cart and charge for add ons

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 8:27 am #15923
S2MemNewbie
Username: ashford

I am looking to do several things. I want to “upgrade” a member from say a $10 membership to a $20 membershiip.

I’d also like to sell features as add ons that existing members can purchase.

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 8:55 am #15926
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I believe this can all be done fairly simply. S2 member doesn’t currently have a shopping cart type feature, so you would have to build something yourself if you want it all to work in one shot.

However, the way s2 is set up to do this, you can use “modify” forms for members to upgrade their account. Then you can offer each item as an upgrade “buy now”.

A third option that I just thought of, that is more in line with my first point is to create a way for them to select the add-ons they want in a form. Then use those selections to add the correct custom capabilities and updated pricing to the paypal button or s2member paypal shortcode.

But natively there is no way to currently do that.

Dave

Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 2:45 pm #15941
David Welch

Just for kicks I wrote a quick little plugin for s2member as a concept for doing what you proposed.

How It Works:
Use the admin form to add CC’s to each applicable level.
Add a description which the user will see and the price for that CC at that level.

Example:
Level 1
videos, Access to tutorial videos, 1.99
Level 2
videos, Access to tutorial videos, 0.99

To make this work, add your s2member button or form short code inside this one in your post or page:

[s2member-shopping level=”” btn_txt=”” price=””]
* Your s2member form or button shortcode here *
[/s2member-shopping]

Level and Price are required for calculations to work correctly.

level = The level in your form or button shortcode (level=””)
btn_txt = What you want the “continue” button to say
price = The price in your form or button shortcode (ra=””)

Here is the zip file if anyone wants to try it out:
http://itelves.com/s2member-shopping.zip

This *should* work with any of the s2member forms or button shortcodes.

I’ve done limited testing so if you find any bugs, let me know. Again, this is a VERY BASIC concept and set-up and I’m sure the code isn’t perfect but I thought it was a fun little project. Let me know what you all think.

Dave

EDIT: This is NOT an S2Member sanctioned plugin nor is it created by anyone working with S2Member.com

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  David Welch.
Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 10:10 pm #16021
Staff Member
Thanks for the heads up on this thread.
~ Great! Thanks for sharing this Dave. I can’t wait to have a look, which I’ll do asap.

I hope others will share their thoughts as well.

Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 10:38 pm #16028
David Welch

Yeah it’s a quick job and definately needs some shoring up, but maybe it will give others some ideas as well.

Also, I forgot to mention that the menu link is at the bottom of the s2member menu.

Here are som screenshots I took:
Admin Menu Link:

Admin CCaps Options Per Level Form:

CCaps as addon’s selection:

Final Form / Button (form in this case) with CC list and total price:

Hopefully that gives you a better idea of what it currently does. Again, still needs a lot of work but could be useful to someone…

Dave

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  David Welch.
Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 11:18 pm #16185

Nice Dave! Thanks for sharing it! :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.