latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can right click, save as protected files.

Home Forums Community Forum Can right click, save as protected files.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Rob Condon 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Aug 24th, 2013 at 1:11 am #56628

I am using download restrictions and a link like this: ?s2member_file_download=$filename, and it works great if the user clicks on the link. However they can still rightclick, save as, and bypass the restriction. How can I get the rightclick to flow throw the protection?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 27th, 2013 at 10:52 am #58733

Anyone? I am surprised if a user can still right-click and save as any protected file, it makes the Download Restriction option not very worthwhile. Is there any way I can keep the restriction working while someone right clicks on the file?

Posted: Sunday Sep 1st, 2013 at 12:24 pm #58950

bump. This seems like a simple question and I have searched everywhere I could so I am asking again. When I setup up download restriction in S2Member, everything is working if the user left-clicks to download the file. However they can still right-click and save as … to save the file locally, bypassing the security. Is there a way around this?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.