latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can S2Member do this

Home Forums Community Forum Can S2Member do this

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 8:01 am #23681

Hi

Before I try free or buy paid version I would like to make sure if it can do the following.

I run a website for freelance models.
I need models to register (paid annual subscription) and create their profile page (post in a particular category). I will create a contact form using Jetpack for each model so that registered clients can contact the models directly. If the models cancel their subscription at some time what happens to their profile page ? I want that either it shud be converted as draft or the contact form should not appear below their profile.

On the other hand, I need clients to register and post their requirements/assignments in a particular category. These requirements/assignments should be accessible only to paid model members.

So basically there are 2 type of Members that I need –
Models – Shud be able to create a post
– Shud be able to access client requirements/assignments in a particular category say “Models”.
Clients – Shud be able to access Models contact form that comes below their profile
– Shud be able to create a post in a particular category say “assignments” only.
– can I limit the number of posts clients can create.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 8:12 am #23779

Hi Manish.

No, I’m sorry, s2Member doesn’t do all those things by default, you’d need to customize your installation to achieve it.

About the categories, I assume you’re talking about bbPress. You can read here about how s2Member integrates with it: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Other Integrations -› bbPress®[/hilite]

Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 8:33 am #23782

Thanks Cristian … I couldnt understand the Membership system of S2Member also. How do I setup time limited memberships and role limited memberships. Can I have a Membership setup like
Gold – where the role of the Member would be set as contributor and access granted for 3 months.
Platinum – where the role of the Member would be set as Author and access granted for 6 months.

Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 5:37 am #23914

Ah, no, s2Member only assigns it’s own level roles, it doesn’t use the WP ones. What you could do, though, is edit those s2Member Level roles and give them the capabilities from the other roles you wanted to use. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/user-role-editor/

And you’d need to prevent those changes from being lost when you update. Knowledge Base » Locking s2Member Roles/Capabilities

About the length of the subscription, you can use the rrt attribute in the PayPal button/pro-form shortcode. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> rrt[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.