latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can s2member handle this?

Home Forums Community Forum Can s2member handle this?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bobby Kersey 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 8:25 pm #9417
Bobby Kersey
Username: Hellion

We are creating a site that sells forum templates (virtual inventory) and we have setup a site that uses WordPress, bbPress, and Woocommerce. What we are for is membership plugin that will help me create a theme club site based on subscriptions for different periods of time.

The way we want to work it is we have 3 different subscriptions – for example:

Subscription #1:
1 month – $12.00
3 months – $30.00
6 Months – $55.00
12 Months – $100.00
Lifetime – $200.00

Subscription #2:
1 month – $12.00
3 months – $30.00
6 Months – $55.00
12 Months – $100.00
Lifetime – $200.00

Subscription #3:
1 month – $20.00
3 months – $50.00
6 Months – $100.00
12 Months – $180.00
Lifetime – $350.00

So there are 3 subscriptions with 5 levels each (plus individual theme sales). So, I am guessing 16 membership levels.

My questions:

• Can I still use the Woocommerce plugin?
  • Can I have 1 subscription that have 5 levels that all end at different times?
  • When the member subscribes, can they be redirected back to the files on our site to download?
  • Can the membership groups carryover to bbPress and have different forums that are accessible to only that member group – for support on the themes they bought?

I’m sure I will think of more, but these are my major concerns.

Thanks in advance!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 3:06 am #9430
Mark Davies
Username: mark696

Hi,

The answer to your question is YES! S2member can handle all of what you are looking to do. You only need to create one level. You can create all of the buttons individually to cover all of the options above. If you do not want the people on “Subscription#1” to be able to see the pages for “Subscription#2” vice versa and so on, then you just assign a “Custom capability” to each Paypal button or form.

Or you can use three levels of membership and your login-welcome page can display different links to your downloads for each level of membership. All of the samples of code required to do this are in the s2 member dashboard in WP-Admin.

Yes members will be directed back to your website to sign in after checking out at Paypal, then to your login-welcome page where you can have the links to the files.

You can have the forum on the other website nested deeply with no links to it in the menu (use the “Exclude pages” plugin to do this) or anywhere else on the site and then a link to it from the login welcome page on your s2member site.

If this is all you are looking to do then you will not need the woocommerce plugin at all. If the woocommerce plugin is using an API at Paypal then you would not be able to use it as you need to set up an API for s2 member.

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 9:00 am #9451
Bobby Kersey

Thanks for the response. I guess answers bring about more questions.

The forum issue is what concerns me the most. We plan on having not only paid support, but we also want to have free themes that we want to give support for, in the same forum. So there is no way to have non-member forums with paid member forums? What it seems like to me is only membership members can have access to the forums with s2member? Maybe I could just have 2 forums, one for customers and one for free themes.

I guess I can re-work my site without Woocommerce – it won’t be easy, but if I can make s2member work, it’ll be worth it.

Last question: can I do all that I need to do with the free plugin, or will I need to go Pro?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Bobby Kersey.
Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 9:19 am #9452
Bobby Kersey

Also, while I am thinking about it – how can we sell single themes separately from club memberships? Would I have to create a member level for each single purchase theme?

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 10:10 am #9456
Mark Davies
Username: mark696

Hi,

After looking into your requirements a bit more I think that the forum problem can be overcome by configuring s2 member to work with your other site. I have looked at my control panel and seen that you CAN do this, you need to set up your WordPress sites for multi-site networking. The rest you will have to get from the tutorial videos and online instructions from within the plugin as I have had no use for this feature myself. At least you know that it will definitely work!

You only need to go pro if you want the check-out to work on your site (pro-forms with PayPal pro account)

If you are happy with the standard PayPal checkout and do not want to accept cards yourself then if you upload the “Sidebar Login” plugin by Mike Jolly your subscribers can register and log in on the front end of your site. This independent plugin has been tested by S2 member.

The one-off purchases are no problem at all, you do not have to assign membership levels to these downloads, you just assign the download page a custom capability instead that way the buyer does not even have to be a member to buy one of your products. There are video tutorials on this too.

I think that if you try it out it will be worth it. The best advice I can give you is to watch the tutorial videos before you even start, spend half a day on this and you will get loads of ideas I promise.

I started with limited knowledge of HTML and with the information and tutorials within S2 member I am using almost as much PHP as HTML on my pages now!

All the best….

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 10:23 am #9457
Bobby Kersey

Thanks for all your help. I guess I have some videos to watch and information to read first.

On a side note, not sure where the multisite idea came from, I only have one main site. That is why I am suspect about sharing a forum based on membership levels. But, then again we plan on only giving support to club membership members – so the point is moot now.

Again…thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.