latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Cancel doesn't populate Automatic EOT Time

Home Forums Community Forum Cancel doesn't populate Automatic EOT Time

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 7:47 pm #27759
Pam
Username: pdblizzard

Site: agigold.com
Payment system: Paypal

In testing, I created a subscription that automatically renewed and all worked fine.

I then used the “cancel” short code generated button to go to PayPal and cancel.

Should I not expect the Automatic EOT time to update with the last day of the subscription’s paid period? It’s currently blank.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 9:43 pm #27762
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Pam,

Currently s2Member does not store the EOT of subscriptions, or recurring payments (same thing, different names). PayPal notifies s2Member, s2Member currently does not figure this out by itself.

Support reps, if my knowledge is wrong, please tell me. :)

Posted: Monday Oct 8th, 2012 at 1:49 pm #27812
Pam

What is the field for then?

How does the user get demoted from a paying member (“1”) to a regular user (“0”) ? And how does this work with Mail Chimp? This membership is includes access to a newsletter for paying members only.

Posted: Monday Oct 8th, 2012 at 3:02 pm #27824
Eduan
Username: Eduan

I think it has the field for when it does use it, one-time payment products, and it stores it while it uses it I think, when PayPal notifies of the EOT of the subscription.

And I’m not sure how s2Member handles the MailChimp integration.

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Oct 8th, 2012 at 3:06 pm #27826
Pam

Thanks Eduan, I really appreciate your attempts to help.

I’m still looking for answers from a support person since I’m a paid member :)O

Posted: Tuesday Oct 9th, 2012 at 4:10 am #27864
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Pam,

s2Member does store EOT Times in the Automatic EOT Time field. However, that field is not updated until s2Member actually receives an IPN message from PayPal indicating that an EOT should occur.

So, for an active recurring subscription, that field should be empty. However, once the subscription ends, or if there’s a failed payment or user-cancellation (either manually on PayPal’s website or using a cancellation button that you created within s2Member), PayPal will send s2Member an IPN message that indicates an EOT should occur. At that time, s2Member will determine the EOT and set that date/time in the Automatic EOT Time field on the user’s account.

If you believe an EOT has occurred (e.g., a user cancelled their account), but the Automatic EOT Time field is still empty, then I recommend double-checking all of your PayPal settings, especially the IPN and PDT/Auto-Return integration (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration and Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT Integration).

Also, if you haven’t already, I recommend enabling logging (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging). Once logging has been enabled, you can search the logs for the Transaction ID or Subscription ID to look for messages PayPal sent to s2Member about that specific subscription. If a user cancels their subscription, the logs should show a cancellation IPN message from PayPal and s2Member indicating that it has set the EOT Time.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.