latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

cancellation through different payment method

Home Forums Community Forum cancellation through different payment method

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Michelle Mitchell 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 12:58 am #41767

Hi,

I have set up my site to process payment through both paypal and authorize.net. I am not sure if what I am doing is correct, but basically this is the process:

customer wants to subscribe –> which payment method? –> there are two icons on the page for them to choose from, one for authorize.net, the other for paypal, each links to the payment page with the pro form code generated for each payment method.

Here are some questions (I apologize that I am completely new to this whole thing):

Question 1:

If they want to either 1. update their billing information, or 2. cancel their subscription, would I need to create a cancellation page with the two different icons, one for authorize.net, the other for paypal, each links to the cancellation or update billing page with the pro form code generated for each payment method?

Is there a simpler way of handling this?

Question 2:
If a customer wants to upgrade his/her subscription to a higher level, do I need to generate different buttons for paypal payers and authorize.net payers? I am not seeing this as an option for authorize.net.

Question 3:
When a customer upgrade his/her subscription, how is the unused portion of the existing subscription handled? I assume that there is no proration, is that correct? Does the existing subscription go until its EOT and automatically stop renewing? In other words, will the system cancel the existing subscription or will the customer need to cancel his/her existing subscription him/herself and then upgrade?

Thank you very much for your assistance in this.

Michelle

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Feb 17th, 2013 at 4:18 am #42020
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Question 1:

If they want to either 1. update their billing information, or 2. cancel their subscription, would I need to create a cancellation page with the two different icons, one for authorize.net, the other for paypal, each links to the cancellation or update billing page with the pro form code generated for each payment method?

Is there a simpler way of handling this?

This is correct. You will need to have two separate forms for Authorize.Net and PayPal, and you can only have one Pro Form per page. If you’d like to be able to track whether a User has signed up through Authorize.Net or PayPal, you may want to assign a Custom Capability to the Pro Forms that you generate. Then you can use s2Member’s Simple Shortcode Conditionals to display the correct Modification/Cancellation form based on the Custom Capability the Customer has.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities
See Also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals

Question 2:
If a customer wants to upgrade his/her subscription to a higher level, do I need to generate different buttons for paypal payers and authorize.net payers? I am not seeing this as an option for authorize.net.

You should have different forms for each Payment Gateway.

For PayPal: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms
For Authorizet.Net: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms

Question 3:
When a customer upgrade his/her subscription, how is the unused portion of the existing subscription handled? I assume that there is no proration, is that correct? Does the existing subscription go until its EOT and automatically stop renewing? In other words, will the system cancel the existing subscription or will the customer need to cancel his/her existing subscription him/herself and then upgrade?

From the documentation
(Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms):

…If the Member already has an existing paid Subscription with you, that paid Subscription will be cancelled automatically behind-the-scene, and a new paid Subscription will be created to replace the old one. Again, the new paid Subscription is based on the Level, pricing, and terms that you specify below. If you need to give Customers some sort of grace period when/if they upgrade to a more expensive plan, please feel free to handle this through the application of free days, or with special pricing configured below.

Posted: Sunday Feb 17th, 2013 at 4:29 am #42021

Thank you Bruce!

I don’t understand any type of codes really. Would you mind showing me how to assign a Custom Capability to the Pro Forms that I have generated? I read the sections on shortcode conditionals and custom capabilities but they are like another language to me…

Your answer to my question #3, does that apply to only PayPal or does it also apply to Authorize.Net? I tested the PayPal form and it seems to do the upgrade alright, but I haven’t a clue how I would generate a way to upgrade via Authorize.net.

Thank you very much for your help.
Michelle

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 7:12 pm #42368
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

I don’t understand any type of codes really. Would you mind showing me how to assign a Custom Capability to the Pro Forms that I have generated? I read the sections on shortcode conditionals and custom capabilities but they are like another language to me…

The section in API / Scripting for Custom Capbilities is only for testing if a User has Custom Capabilities, really. You can assign Custom Capabilities to your Pro Forms when you generate them by typing them in, comma delimited, in the section for Custom Capabilities in the Pro Form generator:

Your answer to my question #3, does that apply to only PayPal or does it also apply to Authorize.Net? I tested the PayPal form and it seems to do the upgrade alright, but I haven’t a clue how I would generate a way to upgrade via Authorize.net.

Yes, this works the same way with Authorize.Net.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 2:22 am #42439

Thank you for your reply but I don’t understand how to set it because I am not a programmer.

I just know logically I think all I want to do is to find the value of the field “s2member_subscr_gateway” and decide which page to route them to 1) upgrade, or 2) update billing, or 3) cancel. The value of this user field is either “anthnet” or “paypal”.

I have set up all the appropriate pages for

upgrading through paypal,
upgrading through authorize.net,
update billing info through paypal,
update billing info through authorize.net,
cancel through paypal,
cancel through authorize.net.

But then I am sort of stuck because I still don’t know what you are saying I need to add and how :(

Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 11:44 pm #42636
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

I have set up all the appropriate pages for

upgrading through paypal,
upgrading through authorize.net,
update billing info through paypal,
update billing info through authorize.net,
cancel through paypal,
cancel through authorize.net.

What I would recommend here, is putting something like the following in your Login Welcome Page:

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_paypal)]
	This is where your PayPal Billing Update / Modification Forms go
[/s2If]
[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_authnet)]
	This is where your Authorize.Net Billing Update / Modification Forms go
[/s2If]

Then, in your PayPal Pro Form(s), add the following to the ccaps=”” attribute: paypal.

Also, add authnet to the ccaps attribute of your Authorize.Net Pro Form.

Once that is completed, your PayPal Subscribers will be given the Custom Capability paypal when they sign up, and your Authorize.Net Subscribers will be given the Custom Capability authnet when they check out.

Does that make sense?

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 5:08 am #42789

Thank you very much Bruce.

Ok, after playing around for many hours I think I finally got it (crossing my figures)

1. I went into the billing modification form (and other pro forms I am using) and set the ccaps=”paypal” or “authnet”.

2. then I made new pages, one for cancellation, one for upgrade, and one for update billing.

3. in each of the above pages, I put the following in them

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_paypal)]
the entire form code for cancellation or upgrade or update billing that is generated by Paypal pro form
[/s2If]
[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_authnet)]
the entire form code for cancellation or upgrade or update billing that is generated by Authorize.Net pro form
[/s2If]

This seems to work… However, I did notice that I cannot set captcha=”clean” since there are two forms in each pages and even though one might be hidden, it is still excepting its captcha phrase to be entered.

Am I doing this correctly?

Thanks.
Michelle

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.