latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Cancelled Subscription Callbacks

Home Forums Community Forum Cancelled Subscription Callbacks

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:45 pm #17562

When a user cancels a subscription using s2Member with Authorize.net ARB, I can see on Authorize.net that the subscription is cancelled which is good. However, after the period for the subscription (30 days) expires, will there be some action that takes place to actually downgrade the user’s role to a base subscriber or is this custom code I need to write?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 27th, 2012 at 6:26 am #17636
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jeff,

If you’ve properly configured s2Member with Authorize.net’s IPN integration (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Options -› SP/IPN Integration), then s2Member should receive an IPN message from Authorize.net upon cancellation instructing s2Member to set an Automatic EOT Time for the user’s account (this message communication happens transparently on the back-end if you’ve configured IPN integration).

(You can check if this process occurred by editing the canceled users account and seeing if there’s a date in the Automatic EOT Time field.)

When the Automatic EOT Time is reached, the users account will be handled as per your settings in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior.

If you want to make sure everything is working, I suggest enabling logging (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Options -› Account Details -› Logging) and then checking the log messages in plugins/s2member-logs/ for more details about the IPN messages that s2Member is receiving.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 27th, 2012 at 1:56 pm #17671

That was a great response and explained almost everything. The only remaining question I have is what triggers the change in the account once the EOT date is reached? I am using WordPress/Buddypress and my cancelled ARB users do have the date as described. However, I am unsure if some cron job is supposed to be running each day to process these or is it processed when the user tries to log in? I ask because the paid/elevated member level on my site is what triggers a member’s items to be available for sale to other users. If a person reaches EOT and fails to login and they are still at the elevated level then someone might purchase one of their items and I would have a mess on my hands.

Posted: Thursday Jun 28th, 2012 at 7:34 am #17754
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jeff,

The user does not need to login for the EOT to take effect. When the EOT time is reached, s2Member takes action on its own. If I’m not mistaken, this happens through the cron system that’s built into WordPress (there’s nothing you need to configure to run this; it’s something that WordPress makes available to plugins for scheduling events).

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.