latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Cannot Update s2Member – Not Enough Memory

Home Forums Community Forum Cannot Update s2Member – Not Enough Memory

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 5:01 am #32567

WordPress Dashboard displays this:

Your s2Member Pro Module must be updated to v121023+.
Please log in at s2Member.com for access to the latest version.
Or upgrade automatically. Provide your login details for s2Member.com.

But when I enter my login details I get this:

“Not enough memory. Unzipping s2Member Pro via WordPress® requires 256M of RAM. Please upgrade via FTP instead..”

It’s less than convenient to manually push s2Member update to over 200 websites, one by one. And to login to update each individual site.

How can s2Member:

A. Remember the login details on the installation?

B. Automatically update itself as other plugins do when we click Update Plugins?

C. Require less memory–I don’t know of a single shared hosting provider which allots 256 MB of memory.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 7:57 am #32583

A. Remember the login details on the installation?

Do you mean when using s2Member Pro? No, your s2member.com account login info is not stored by s2Member Pro in your site. You could use a passwords manager (e.g. LastPass, RoboForm) that fills out the user and login boxes in the s2Member Pro update login box.

B. Automatically update itself as other plugins do when we click Update Plugins?

s2Member does this as other plugins do, s2Member Pro has a custom login box at the top when there’s an update available. In most cases both work fine, but there may be some cases where updating via FTP may be necessary if you have any errors when trying the dashboard way.

C. Require less memory–I don’t know of a single shared hosting provider which allots 256 MB of memory.

There’s a WP setting for the memory limit, it probably means that. Could you try this to see if there’s any mention of the memory limit, please? http://www.s2member.com/r/server-check-tool/ Upload the PHP script to your WP directory and open it in your browser. Thanks!

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 10:20 am #32593

Thank you Cristian,

I use Robo-Form (can’t live without it), but the current upgrade for s2Member, seen on any admin dashboard page, has two new login fields which RoboForm hasn’t seen before).

I think I’m going to have to use FTP.

Thank you for the server check tool file. I ran it and got all green checkboxes, however I got this:

Although NOT required, s2Member® recommends that you raise your WordPress® memory limit (please set: WP_MEMORY_LIMIT in /wp-config.php), to at least 64M (i.e. 64 megabytes). Please see: this how-to article. Or consult with your web hosting company about this message. Your current memory limit allows only: 32M

1. I did not find WP_MEMORY_LIMIT in the wp-config.php file

2. The WordPress Codex suggests:

define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’64M’);

define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’96M’);

3. Can I add that and [safely] set it to 256M?

Thank you

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 3:49 pm #32627
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Can I add that and [safely] set it to 256M?

Assuming you have that much memory available to you on your hosting account, yes you can safely do that. If you’re not sure how much memory is allotted to you, I recommend checking with your web host.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 4:38 am #32672

Cool – Thanks.

For the record I did the FTP upload on the sites.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 2:17 pm #32725
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Great! Thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.