latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can't get into WordPress Dashboard

Home Forums Community Forum Can't get into WordPress Dashboard

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 11:55 am #7462

I changed my s2member email, username and password and now cannot get into my WordPress dashboard. s2member is treating like a client instead of the administrator. When I log in, it takes me to the login welcome page. How can I get back into the dashboard?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 12:55 pm #7477
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Thomas,

That shouldn’t be happening if your WordPress account has the role of “Administrator”. If you accidentally changed your role to one of the s2Member protected roles (something that WordPress shouldn’t allow you to do in the first place), that might describe what’s happening.

Are you logging in directly to the admin interface or using a login widget on your site? If you’re using a login widget, try logging directly into /wp-login.php. If you’re using URI Restrictions (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions), you may have accidentally configured something that incorrectly redirecting you.

You can also try disabling the s2Member plugin manually by using FTP to rename the s2Member folder in /wp-content/plugins/. Renaming the folder to something other than /s2member/ will cause WordPress to disable the plugin.

If that doesn’t work, you’ll need to manually change your user’s role back to Administrator in the database. For that, you’ll want to search Google for instructions and/or post a question in the WordPress.org Support Forums.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.