latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can't get PayPal Sandbox API details

Home Forums Community Forum Can't get PayPal Sandbox API details

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Epix Media 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 12:18 pm #12281
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

Hi all, I’m trying to test my site with PayPal Sandbox, I’ve created a buyer and seller account, when I try to get the API details for the seller account it tells me I can’t have them because the email address is not verified – the email address isn’t real for a start because PayPal makes them up!!

Any ideas?

Zoe

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 3:00 pm #12305
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Zoe,

I believe there’s an option when you’re creating the test accounts to “mark account as verified”. Have you tried recreating the accounts?

Jason did a video on using the sandbox that may be helpful, otherwise I suggest contacting PayPal about this.

Posted: Wednesday May 2nd, 2012 at 3:35 am #12347
Epix Media

Thanks Raam, I should’ve added a bank account to the first seller account I create but it seems I didn’t! I’ve just created a new preconfigured seller account with a bank account and will use that one!

Cheers,

Zoe

Posted: Thursday May 3rd, 2012 at 5:22 am #12441
Epix Media

Ok, so I set up my test accounts, entered my API details in to s2, went through the sign up process for “Silver” (level 1) membership and get to PayPal all fine.

When I get to PayPal I login with my sandbox “personal” account, also fine.

However, when I get to the “review your information” screen and select “Agree and Continue”, I get redirected back to the s2member form with the message “Missing or invalid Security Code. Please try again.” There is no new user in the admin and no new emails in “test emails” within PayPal.

Any ideas on why this is??

Thanks

Posted: Thursday May 3rd, 2012 at 1:06 pm #12485
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Zoe,

That sounds like a problem with the CAPTCHA. Are you using a CAPTCHA on the signup form? There was an issue several months ago with reCAPTCHA causing that error (see this post), but that problem was resolved in an s2Member update.

If you do have captcha=”clean” in your shortcode, try changing it to captcha=”0″ and see if that fixes the problem.

Posted: Thursday May 3rd, 2012 at 1:22 pm #12490
Epix Media

Its just odd that it kicks me back when I’ve already been sent to paypal (using standard account not paypal pro). I’ll give it a go though and report back!

Cheers

Posted: Thursday May 3rd, 2012 at 1:29 pm #12491
Epix Media

Well that worked, my captcha=”clean” was set to captcha=”1” for some reason, I’ll try it with captcha=”clean” – fingers crossed! :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.