latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can't restrict posts???????????

Home Forums Community Forum Can't restrict posts???????????

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 8:28 am #5359

I am having problems with your plugin. I can’t get the restrictions to work with my posts. The restrictions work for all the other pages, tags and categories. No matter what I do, put the word all, put in id numbers the posts keep showing. I deactivated the plugin in because I can’t seem to get it to work.

I only want to have one level. Not complicated but I can’t seem to do it.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 17th, 2012 at 12:13 am #5440
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Rosaria,

When you added the Post IDs or the word all to the restriction options (WP Admin -> s2Member -> Restriction Options), which section did you add them to (if you’re trying to protect Posts, they should be added to the Post Access Restrictions)?

Which Level did you protect?

Did you logout before testing the restrictions?

Also, did you select a Membership Options Page in WP Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Membership Options Page?

Posted: Saturday Feb 18th, 2012 at 3:22 pm #5605
Staff Member

This video tutorial may also be of some assistance.
http://www.s2member.com/videos/F267E93C7B467D64/
~ Please let us know if you continue to have trouble.

Posted: Saturday Feb 18th, 2012 at 11:37 pm #5636

I have downloaded pro. I got everything to work except I can’t restrict my posts. I added the word all to the Post Access Restriction Page. It works for the widget in my sidebar on current posts, but when you access my blog:

http://serverdedicatedserver.com/blog

You can still have access to all posts. My pages are restricted. Categories are restricted. Posts in widget are restricted. Everything seems to be okay except for my posts on the blog page?

I haven’t checked pay pal function yet. But I hope this will work well.

Do I have to add some kind of code to allow post restrictions?

Thank you,
Rosaria

Posted: Sunday Feb 19th, 2012 at 8:09 am #5643

Thank you Jason for the video. Now I understand how the posts are restricted. You still see the whole post when I go to my blog. Is there a shortcode or code to put into each post to hide 75% of it? so readers don’t read the whole post. I know when they click on the post it is restricted. I tried the alternate way that you suggested, but I don’t care to hide all of the posts the way it does.

Also is there a way to redirect people who type in my url to go to a register page instead?

Thanks,
Rosaria

Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 11:34 am #5694

I got another error from pay pal

Error #10501. Invalid Configuration. This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.

Trying to pay with discover card not through pay pal button.

Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 9:30 pm #5777
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

Is there a shortcode or code to put into each post to hide 75% of it?

Yes, you can use Simple Conditionals or Advanced Conditionals :-)
Please check your Dashboard here: s2Member -> API Scripting -> Simple Conditional Shortcodes

Also is there a way to redirect people who type in my url to go to a register page instead?

Certainly. I’m not sure what you mean exactly though. Is your Membership Options Page not adequate?

Error #10501. Invalid Configuration.

Here is a longer explanation from the PayPal API docs, maybe it will help.

10501 Invalid Configuration This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration. Occurs when the billing agreement is disabled or inactive.

What type of Pro Form did this occur in? Can you please post the Pro Form Shortcode you were using?

Posted: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012 at 9:39 am #5865

When I type in my url are you suppose to go to the Members Option Page ? Can they go there automatically or do they go right to my sight? I really don’t want anyone having access to might site, just want them to join no options.

When you type in the shortcode to restrict part of a post, when someone joins on that level willthey get full access?

I appreciate your help.

Thank you,
Rosaria

Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 11:54 am #5954
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Rosaria,

If a visitor attempts to visit a part of your site that is protected by s2Member, they should automatically get redirected to the Membership Options Page.

However, you said you’d like to restrict part of your posts but you also don’t want people to see your site. If visitors are forced to register when visiting your site, then who do you want to see your partially restricted posts?

If you don’t want to show the blog posts at all on the home page, then I suggest changing the home page to a static page (see Creating a Static Front Page). It’s not recommended to use the Membership Options Page as your front page as it causes internal conflicts with s2Member. If you want to show your Membership Options content on the front page, you can copy it over to a separate page.

Finally, if you’d like a more advanced solution, you can use the s2Member Advanced/PHP Conditionals and Advanced/PHP Query Conditionals (see WP Admin -> s2Member -> API/Scripting) within a Custom Page Template (see Creating Your Own Page Templates) to customize the output of the blog post listing. Then you can set your front page to a Static Page that uses your Custom Page Template to display blog posts as you see fit.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.