latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can't turn off Page Level Access Restrictions

Home Forums Community Forum Can't turn off Page Level Access Restrictions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:40 am #19363

Hi,

I’m still in beta stage of my website and new to s2member. So frustrated right now. To test the site, I have open registration then later upgrade them to members manually.

Right now I want all members level 0 and up to be able to access member profiles and later restrict access to level 1. Ever since I tested this feature by enabling Page Level Access Restrictions for member profiles to level 0 and up, all members get redirected to membership options except me as the administrator. Even when set it to level 0 for all pages with no other restrictions. What did I do wrong? When I deactivate the plug members can go to all the pages search each other fine.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Teresa Velez.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:49 am #19458
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Teresa,

Can you confirm that your members are set to use “s2Member Level 0” role and not one of the WordPress roles (e.g., Subscriber, Editor, etc.). If you restrict pages to Level 0, then members *must* have an s2Member Level 0 role or higher.

If you are using s2Member Level 0 for your users, can you tell me what happens when you remove all page restrictions (clear the fields so they’re empty)?

Posted: Saturday Jul 21st, 2012 at 12:55 pm #19906

I am using the WordPress role Subscriber for free registration. Can I and how do I set it up to automatically register them at level 0?

Posted: Saturday Jul 21st, 2012 at 1:06 pm #19907
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Teresa,

I believe level 0, and the WordPress subscriber role are the same, so if they use the default registration form ( http://www.yourwebsite.com/wp-login.php?action=register ) then they will register as level 0.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.