latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can't update my s2Member pro through website

Home Forums Community Forum Can't update my s2Member pro through website

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 14th, 2013 at 11:42 am #49955

Hi:

At first I thought this was an iphone issue, but now I have accessed a desktop computer and went in and tried to upgrade my s2Member pro automatically, and was not able to. In fact, it no longer is recognized within my plugin admin area. This happened in the last couple of days. This is MOST URGENT,and totally screwing up my business right now. I also have my own PC issues, and can’t access FTP, but I shouldn’t have to do that as I have been upgrading automatically for what seems forever. No one here has been responding to my emails. I am a paying customer, why am I not getting answers? Thanks in advance for your help….

Maria

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 14th, 2013 at 9:34 pm #49984

If you don’t get the option to update automatically, it may be a memory limit or some other problem you may have had, but the FTP option is always the most reliable one. You should update via FTP as described here: s2Member® » Pro » Install/Upgrade Instructions

Posted: Tuesday May 14th, 2013 at 11:12 pm #49986

Hi Cristian:

Thanks for responding. I was given the option to update automatically, and it always worked in the past. Just the past two times it didn’t. As I explained, I currently don’t have my PC, and don’t have an FTP option. I was on a PC today znd trued to update agsin, and it failed. Right now in my admin plugin area I am not recognized as having s2member installed within the list of plugins, but on top, where it says that my update failed, it does. This is really screwing me up, but I guess I will have to wait and see aboit when I will bd getting back my PC. FTPung wont affect any if my s2member setup info and confuguration, will it? This is a nightmare. And they say that we’re a totally mobile society? Not even close.

Posted: Wednesday May 15th, 2013 at 1:04 am #49994

I understand. No, the s2Member settings/info won’t be lost if you had the Deactivation Safeguards enabled. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Deactivation Safeguards[/hilite]

Your webhost may have a web interface to upload files to your site too, like the File Manager in cPanel. You can ask them. E.g. http://yoursite.com/cpanel

Installations are not something we do, but if you submit your site’s info via contact form, I could take a look at this and see what can be done so your site is not broken. I’m leaving in a moment and may not be around tomorrow, so I hope you see this reply soon and can let me know here that you sent the info. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Friday May 17th, 2013 at 5:45 pm #50145

Cristian:

I finally got my computer back. So far, so good…. We’ll see as the days go by. I have updated s2Member via FTP, and everything is fine. And I also had mentioned (somewhere) that I thought I was in debug mode. Well, I wasn’t. I was working off the iphone, so the experience was a bit screwy, and I also was in a bit of a panic, as you can imagine! Anyway, thanks for all your help and patience. Appreciate it!

Maria

Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 9:39 pm #50517

I can imagine! I’m very glad you sorted it out. Thanks for the update! Let us know if you need help again. :)

Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 10:11 pm #50524

Thanks Cristian! Everything actually is falling into place beautifully. Ive figured out how to incorporate the secure invites plugin into the website along with everything else. s2Member is doing great. Im just adding more to the Getting Started page for new members. Well be set to go next week! All that struggle was worth it in the end. You learn a lot along the way!

Posted: Friday May 24th, 2013 at 7:35 pm #50577

You definitely do! Those that persist are rewarded. I’m so glad for you with everything coming together fine for the launch. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.