latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

CCAPS and content dripping

Home Forums Community Forum CCAPS and content dripping

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 10:07 am #24751
cassel
Username: cassel

I think this would be just a quick question: if i have some pages protected by ccaps (not conditionals) can i add content dripping ON TOP of it?
For example, i have 50 tutorials currently accessible to all who have “Element” as a ccap. Can i start, say tomorrow, and the next registrants will only be able to see the first 5 or 10, while still having to have the ccap?

Then, i have another question: is the code refering to the registration itself or a transaction? I am thinking that a member might have registered for free, for a while before wanting to pay for content. If they pay for the access 3 months after being a free member, will the content dripping consider that he is 90 days into the sequence or only 1 day?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 7:27 pm #24786

Hi Cassel,

You can do it from reg or first transaction. One limitation is that its only from first transaction, so for example if a user was a member for 1 month then cancelled and joined again in six months time their paid registration stamp would say 7 months. I had to write a little script that resets their time stamp if they cancel.

<?php if ( current_user_can( "access_s2member_ccap_Element" ) && ( S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS >= 100 ) ){ ?>
       If current user can access ccap Element and first paid more than or equal to 100 days display this
    <?php } ?>

Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 8:04 pm #24793
cassel

Thanks. It tells me that it wont be useful for me then. I’ll have to use a similar hack i got coded for something else as i would need to compare to the timestamp of a particular transaction in time. Thanks.

Posted: Tuesday Sep 11th, 2012 at 7:30 am #24872

Yeah, the times stored are not enough for what you’re trying to do. You could add a hack that inserts a row in usermeta with the time for each ccap the user gets, that way you’ll have times for them when you drip the content.

No, you can’t drip if you’re protecting the whole page with the ccap, only with conditionals for now.

Posted: Tuesday Sep 11th, 2012 at 10:38 pm #24958
cassel

Any idea if this might be part of the next release or not? And if so, any new ETA?

Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:19 am #24997

You mean dripping without the conditionals? It might. :)

No, sorry, no new ETA.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 11:53 am #25027
cassel

No, i meant being able to drip based on the time of a specific transaction, not “the first registration” or something like that. I talked to my developper, and he feels it would be easy to code that option in his already coded script (i think it is a script) for the “access after this transaction” that he did for me already. So, without an ETA and if it is not sure that function will be in the next release (especially the idea of possibly more than one dripping at the time), i will likely ask him to work on that.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 6:24 pm #25080

Yeah, almost everything will have its own time in the database. But because there isn’t an ETA and your developer says it wouldn’t be hard for him, I’d have him do it.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.