latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

CCBill and Affiliate Program

Home Forums Community Forum CCBill and Affiliate Program

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 5:03 pm #18959
Lee Keels
Username: lkeels

We are in a position now where we must implement a CCBill Affiliate program on our site. I need advice as to how this can work if CCBill does not have the ability to create the user account.

The flow is this:

1) Unregistered user clicks on affiliate link on another site.
2) User must leave the page linked to in order to register on our site (or possibly use an embedded form).
3) User must receive email with password.
4) User must return to site and click Buy Now button to subscribe.

Two major problems here. One, the process is too complicated. The user must find their way back to the subscribe page without assistance. Second, any affiliate tracking would be lost in this process.

Any input is appreciated.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 1:27 pm #19050
Lee Keels

Anyone have any input on this?

Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 1:29 am #19118
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Lee,

s2Member supports iDevAffiliate and ShareASale for affiliate integration. We recommend using one of those.

Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 1:31 am #19119
Lee Keels

I’m lost…how would that work with CCBill?

Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 7:15 am #19156

Lee, are you talking about this ccBill service? http://www.ccbill.com/online-merchants/marketing-services/affiliate-program.php

If so, we’re not familiar with it, but you can probably use the Tracking and Notification APIs to integrate with it.

I hope that helps.

Posted: Saturday Jul 14th, 2012 at 3:54 am #19207
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

Yes, the affiliate program integration supplied by ccBill® is compatible with s2Member.

The actual checkout process for transactions submitted through ccBill®, occurs at ccbill.com; so tracking occurs there (automatically). There’s no need to integrate anything further with s2Member. All you need to do is configure your affiliate offering within your ccBill® account, and that’s it.

If you’d like to integrate another affiliate software application, like iDevAffiliate® (as one example), that can be accomplished with s2Member, through one of various methods available. Either through API Tracking codes, or with one of several types of API Notifications.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Tracking -› Signup Tracking Codes
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications

Posted: Saturday Jul 14th, 2012 at 4:00 am #19208
Lee Keels

The problem is that the affiliate program is based on a link, and by the time the user clicks around to the landing page, the registration page, the payment page, etc., the information from that link is going to be lost. I don’t see how it can work.

If I’m not looking at that correctly, please let me know.

Posted: Saturday Jul 14th, 2012 at 4:38 am #19210

Lee, I imagine their system uses cookies to track who the affiliate for that transaction is, just like other affiliate systems do. So the user arrives through the affiliate link, is cookied, then even if browses around, when he purchases, as long as he didn’t clear his cookies or they expired, the affiliate will be credited. You should ask the ccBill guys about this to confirm it if it worries you, though.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.