latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

CCbill Test Member NOT showing in S2member

Home Forums Community Forum CCbill Test Member NOT showing in S2member

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 28th, 2013 at 5:16 am #58769
N. Lee
Username: grant

I have configured everything in regards to CCbill and S2Member as documented. All Datalink and also was approved for DataLink Cancellation.

Rep in chat and I created Dynamic form, I was given Triple DES key, copied/pasted, configured.

Did 3 test signups, everything on CCbill (viewable) worked as it was supposed to.
As I gander at logs, it appears the only incoming notifications is the fact that i clicked on the link: http://www.bluestarlive.net/?s2member_pro_ccbill_return=1
for returning to the site.
1. The test signup did not get added to DB at WP
2. NO emails about this new signup was sent.
3. From what I can tell in log files (attached) ccbill did send notice to S2member

I am really under a time restraint for this client and matter.

I have sent these details along with log files to:
s2Member® » Private Contact Form

*** UPDATING THIS as of 6:31 est ****
Just spent about 40 mins with CCbill rep Erik via chat, and he also tested everything on CCbill’s side for config accuracy. He also tested for ALL failed background posts for my account, there were none.
While we were in chat he ran 2 signups, emails from CCbill were sent / rec’vd. While NOTHING was changed on S2M side.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  N. Lee.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  N. Lee.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 28th, 2013 at 5:27 am #58770
N. Lee

As I look over some of this code, I befuttled why S2M just doesn’t let CCbill do user/pass and simply use API / webhooks and DataLink to write to/from their system vs trying to control all of this at a WP install?

I’ve dev’d on numerous other sites where this was accomplished FAR simpler than chopping up paypal functions you have working with PayPal to work with CCbill. I’ve seen just API and Webhooks minus even using datalink handle the entire ccbill system including affiliates.. just a thought.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 28th, 2013 at 3:05 pm #58816
N. Lee

Can I PLEASE get some support for this issue, am having to manually complete the process for every member sign up.. PLEASE.

Posted: Friday Aug 30th, 2013 at 3:11 pm #58901
N. Lee

I really wish I had known it would take more than 2 days for support before paying for this.

Posted: Saturday Aug 31st, 2013 at 11:06 pm #58936
Staff Member

Hi there. I sincerely apologize for the delayed response.

I just reviewed your forum thread and your WP installation, along with your ccBill log files. It appears from your log files that everything is running properly for you now. However, if you ARE still having some trouble, please reply back and give me a specific transaction ID and I will track down what actually took place in your log files.

For future reference, please review ccbill-ipn.log and paypal-ipn.log because the -rtn.log files only show what happens live on the site, and not what’s taking place behind-the-scene. Your existing log files indicate that s2Member® is handling post-processing for you.

Posted: Monday Sep 2nd, 2013 at 12:10 pm #58978
N. Lee

I have not had a single day where members have been added to the system consistently, I’ve had to manually add members each day since installing this plugin. I have for the passed 3 days replied to your support email like I was told to do with subscription IDs that are NOT being added. Have not gotten a response yet.

On the occasion that a member is added, the subscription ID is missing! If this is the case, how can s2member know to remove them from paying member status.. as there is no sub ID to even refer to?

Now, I am asking myself do I have to monitor when EACH member’s subscription time is up to manually remove them?

Really frustrating.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  N. Lee.
Posted: Monday Sep 2nd, 2013 at 5:38 pm #58993
N. Lee

Can someone PLEASE help!

Posted: Monday Sep 2nd, 2013 at 9:55 pm #58995
Staff Member

I just finished researching a specific transaction ID that you sent over. I find log entries in your s2Member® installation that indicate post-processing was a success. However, there is a missing log entry for “subscr_payment” which indicates that registration processing was NOT successful. So upon further review of your reg-handler.log file (which is maintained by s2Member), I found a log entry for this customer and I see the customer had no registration access cookies set in their browser when registration occurred.

'reg_cookies' => false,
  'current_role' => 'subscriber',
  'role' => 'subscriber',
  'level' => '0',
  'ccaps' => '',
  'login' => 'juliusp',

In looking over your s2Member configuration I find that you have Open Registration enabled. I suspect what is happening here is that you have customers completing checkout and while they are waiting for an email confirmation with a link to register with paid access, they are returning to the home page of your site and completing registration there (which is simply giving them a free account). Thus, the connection between the purchase they made, and their account on your site is broken.

What I would suggest is that you further customize the Approval Page Template that customers see after completing checkout. For further details on this, please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill Options -› ccBill® Approval/Denial URLs -› Optional Customizations.

You will want to be clear about asking the customer to wait for the email confirmation. They need to register with the special link provided in that email so they can gain access.

Why? ccBill does not provide s2Member® with enough details in real-time immediately after checkout. The details we get from ccBill occur behind-the-scene through ccBill® Background Post Integration. Thus, we need to process each transaction behind-the-scene, and the customer receives access via email. You can prevent confusion by customizing your Approval Page Template.

Other possible solutions my include…

– Disabling Open Registration
– Choosing a different Payment Gateway. PayPal (for instance) provides us with enough data to process each transaction in real-time on the site, so the email confirmation is optional. The same is true for ClickBank; and even more so if you choose to integrate with s2Member® Pro Forms via Authorize.Net or PayPal Pro.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.