latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

change date format

Home Forums Community Forum change date format

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 29th, 2013 at 10:00 pm #48696
Nehama Appel
Username: eappel

Hello,
Where can I change the date format from dd/mm/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy?
Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 9:37 pm #48863
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I think you’re looking for this section of your Dashboard:

Dashboard -› Settings -› General -› Date Format

Posted: Monday May 6th, 2013 at 10:13 pm #49324

Hi Bruce,

Related to this, I require a date-based custom registration field in the USA format of mm/dd/yyyy. Unfortunately, the date format selected in WordPress’ Date Format setting is not impacting s2members’ expected format option for the custom registration/profile field. That is, the s2member’s expected format select field option for Date remains dd/mm/yyyy no matter which date format I choose (and save) in the WordPress setting. Any ideas on what is going on with this?

In addition, my preference is to have WordPress’ date format with the month written out (e.g. May 6, 2013) but I figure that users will be more comfortable entering the date information in the slash format (or, ideally, using a date picker). In this situation, I would expect s2member to give me the choice of both dd/mm/yyyy and mm/dd/yyyy in the selections for the expected date format.

Many thanks in advance,
Sofia

Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 12:20 pm #49373
Nehama Appel
Username: eappel

Actually, my original question doesn’t even seem relevant; whichever way I enter the date (mm/dd or dd/mm), even after changing the setting in the Dashboard, S2Member doesn’t return a validation error even for an invalid date. As long as it’s 2 digits, it validates, even if I enter “24” for the month, for example. Any support comments on this?
Thanks.

Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 10:52 pm #49446
Bruce
Staff Member

Related to this, I require a date-based custom registration field in the USA format of mm/dd/yyyy. Unfortunately, the date format selected in WordPress’ Date Format setting is not impacting s2members’ expected format option for the custom registration/profile field. That is, the s2member’s expected format select field option for Date remains dd/mm/yyyy no matter which date format I choose (and save) in the WordPress setting. Any ideas on what is going on with this?

s2Member does not use the date format set here in its forms.

Actually, my original question doesn’t even seem relevant; whichever way I enter the date (mm/dd or dd/mm), even after changing the setting in the Dashboard, S2Member doesn’t return a validation error even for an invalid date. As long as it’s 2 digits, it validates, even if I enter “24″ for the month, for example. Any support comments on this?

s2Member only validates the format of the input, not the actual meaning. You cannot currently change the format for the date in Pro Forms. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 2:16 am #49467

Please add a date picker and more date format options to the feature request list.

In the meantime, it would be a whole lot less confusing if s2member’s select option used something like ‘xx/yy/zzzz’ for indicating the format instead of the dd, mm and yyyy that has a well-recognized meaning.

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 12:00 am #49532
Bruce
Staff Member

Please add a date picker and more date format options to the feature request list.

Will do.

In the meantime, it would be a whole lot less confusing if s2member’s select option used something like ‘xx/yy/zzzz’ for indicating the format instead of the dd, mm and yyyy that has a well-recognized meaning.

I’ll talk to our development team about this.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.