latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Change default field names registration form

Home Forums Community Forum Change default field names registration form

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 11:55 am #19529

My site is in Hebrew and I’d like to change the default (user, email, name) to Hebrew. Can I?

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 3:13 pm #19556
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Yechiel,

I believe you would have to change the language of WordPress for this, you could be interested in this FAQ:
Pre Sale FAQs » Can s2Member® be translated into other languages?

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 12:38 am #19571

Thank you Eduan,

I believe you would have to change the language of WordPress for this

My installation of WordPress is in Hebrew, s2members has some info in Hebrew in the managing, but all the forms and ready to use emails are in English. I believe the answer is somewhere inside the system’s files so maybe I have to look for it and do the change there, any idea where this file is?

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 9:14 am #19634
Eduan

Hello Yechiel,

No idea where it could be, but I suggest you use the translation features, otherwise you might have to do the translation each time you update s2Member, which is usually a couple of times a month. If you want to do it that way, you can use any text editor that supports searching through various folders/files and search for that specific text you want to translate.

Once again, I suggest you check the FAQ as it contains the needed instructions. And if possible, once you’re finished, do you think you could post your translation in the translation forums, that way other people can use it too. :)

Once again, hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 6:24 pm #19675

Thanks again Eduan,

I read the FAQ

Can s2Member® be translated into other languages?

and the articles that were recommended there, I’ve downloaded the s2member.pot file and opened it in notepad++, Now I don’t really sure what is the next step, Shell I:
1. Open the file with Poedit (I tried and I got 2 colons one with the original string the other empty for translations).
2. Translate.
3.Save as s2members.po
and if so than what?
The settings I’ve chosen in Poedit:

How do I “compile” the .po file?
Hebrew is a rtl language and WordPress handles the “mirroring”, how about strings like:

Error #%1$s. %2$s. %3$s.

should I translate it to

#%1$s. %2$s. %3$s. שגיאה

(same order of variabels) or

#%3$s. %2$s. %1$s. שגיאה

(reversed order)?

Thank a lot!
Yechiel

Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 7:23 pm #19687
Eduan

To tell you the truth, I haven’t translated s2Member once, so I don’t know how to do it, you could however get in touch with this member:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/users/li-an/

He has successfully translated s2member to French, I’m sure he’ll be able to give you some tips.

I’m sorry I can’t be of much more help. :(

Posted: Monday May 6th, 2013 at 5:55 am #49255
Jeremy Smith
Username: bendov

Shalom

I realize theee posts are from 2012 but…

I am now needing the s2member in Hebrew so wondered if anyone has translated in yet.

Thanks to all

Jeremy

Posted: Monday May 6th, 2013 at 11:15 am #49266
Eduan

Hello Jeremy,

My memory doesn’t contain a Hebrew translation of s2Member… No users have posted this yet…

So you’ll have to do the translation yourself. :/

– Eduan

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.