latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Changing Membership Prices

Home Forums Community Forum Changing Membership Prices

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 9:06 am #6246

Hey all,

I\’ve done a bunch of searching on this site and the old site and I can\’t seem to find the answer to this simple question, yet there\’s no way I want to be caught guessing on this answer (since it could cause outraged members). LOL!

Let\’s say the first 4 months of our membership, we offer members a deal of $19/mo as brand new charter members for all the content. On month 5, we decide to up the price to $29/mo, but keep giving them the same exact content.

Could we just adjust the price to $29 on that same level without affecting all the existing members that are already paying $19/mo OR do we need to create a new level with the new pricing?

I just want to make sure that if we change the price that it won\’t be changed for existing members and make them upset. That\’s why we want to do the right thing from the start.

Thanks in advance.

Aaron

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 5:22 pm #6331

Hi Aaron.

That’s a very good question, and I can see why you’d worry about changing that without making sure. :)

The subscriptions that were started at $19 won’t be affected by new subscriptions created at $29, or changing the subscription button/pro-form to $29.

You see, the button/pro-form only creates new subscriptions, they don’t alter existing ones.

I hope that helps.

Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 5:25 pm #6332

So we don\’t have to change levels, create new Auth.net forms, etc?

Also, can we create a couple different forms selling the same Level, but at different pricing, so we could create some promos for the memberships to sell?

Thanks Cristian!

Aaron

Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 7:17 pm #6363

Right.

The level would determine the access to the protected content, but you can sell/give it any way you want and it’d be the same. So if you want to sell differently the very same access, there’s not need to change levels, just change the way you’re selling it.

You can just update the amount value in your pro-form’s shortcode, or create new pro-forms if you want.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained) -> amount[/hilite]

You could have three pro-forms and five buttons, all selling the same level at different prices, and it’d all work. The result would be that everyone purchasing would have the same access, only their subscription payments would be different.

Does that help? :)

Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 6:38 pm #6934
Tom Dotz
Username: nlpcom

Thanks, this is clear and answers a question that was bugging me, too, for the same reason: I want to keep my promises to my customers!
Also, this makes it possible to test different prices and offers without a lot of headache.

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 3:08 am #7017

Cool. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.