latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Charged Twice – Checkout page "not found"

Home Forums Community Forum Charged Twice – Checkout page "not found"

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 25th, 2013 at 3:42 pm #52550

I just ordered the product. After processing, the checkout page was “not found” and didn’t confirm my order. I went back to the order page and it stated my email and username was already in use so I created another one and resent my order.

It appears my first order did process. I would like like to keep the order with the user name: teasmathprep. Can you delete the teasmath account and refund my payment.

Thank you,

Andrew Williams

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 25th, 2013 at 4:01 pm #52551
Staff Member

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Support Center.
Your original transaction has been refunded.
The refund process takes 2 to 3 business days depending on our bank.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,
Elizabeth

Posted: Wednesday Jun 26th, 2013 at 6:47 am #52603
Paula Westberg
Username: paula

I have the same experience when buying S2Member Pro a couple of days ago. After processing, the checkout page was “not found” and didn’t confirm my order. Neither did I receive any email confirmation. In my case I logged into my bank and saw that the money had been withdrawn before I retried to buy the product, but it took some time before I figured out how to get access to the S2Member Pro download page. I hope this will not happen to my customers when I use S2Member Pro – or will it?

Posted: Wednesday Jun 26th, 2013 at 6:56 am #52604
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I hope this will not happen to my customers when I use S2Member Pro – or will it?

No, this shouldn’t happen to your Users. The problem we were having was related to the external email service we use for sending emails at s2Member.com. We were having connection problems to it, and it was causing s2Member’s connection to its database to time out, which is something we’re planning on dealing with in the next maintenance release of s2Member.

Just to clarify, this isn’t a “bug”. It’s just something that can happen when something goes very wrong with a connection during checkout, causing the page to return a 404 error because WordPress is unable to connect to the database to get Post/Page data. This could happen on any WordPress site that is running a PHP connection to another site, due to the way that WordPress connects to the database.

We’ve fixed the problem now on s2Member.com, and we’ll be pushing out a change in the next maintenance release of s2Member that will make the likelihood of this ever happening on any site much lower.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.