latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Checkbox custom field in email adds char's

Home Forums Community Forum Checkbox custom field in email adds char's

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 9:36 pm #8797

Hi all,

I have set up a custom registration for on our site, and have set the email to admin to include all fields & data.

The problem is the formatting of the checkbox data seems to add more to it.

We have 3 choices:

Home Practice
Work Practice
Mobile

When a user selects wo, this is the resulting text sent via email:

a:2:{i:0;s:13:”Home Practice”;i:1;s:6:”Mobile”;}

Why is it adding -> a:2:{i:0;s:13:”*”;i:1;s:6:”*”;}

Surely it just needs to send -> Home Practice, Mobile

Also the email to admin is being sent from “Wordpress” and wordpress@domain…

How do I edit this? I have set the email and send name in the config, it send the email using correct details to the user with their user info, but to admin its using the wordpress data.

Any help appreciated.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  David Appleby.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 22nd, 2012 at 11:53 am #8830
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi David,

You can configure your “From” address for those emails in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration.

Regarding the format of the checkbox data: I will need to consult with a colleague and get back to you. Thank you for your patience.

Posted: Monday Mar 26th, 2012 at 1:28 pm #9123
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi David,

I heard back from the lead developer and here’s what he had to say:

Although not ideal, that’s a serialized array of details submitted during registration for that particular Custom Field. If a site owner configures a Custom Field that collects multiple option values submitted as an array, s2Member will serialize that array into a string before emailing administrative notifications. Its always been like that. Not a bug, just one of those weird behaviors in administrative notifications. I’ll have this resolved in the next major release of s2Member.

In the mean time, if a customer needs to receive a more customized email message, API Notifications connected to a custom script would accomplish this.

You can learn more about API notifications in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.