latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Clarification re type of paypal account

Home Forums Community Forum Clarification re type of paypal account

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 4:10 pm #19069

Can you clarify if I need to have a pro business account with Paypal to set up subscriptions? I have a Pro S2member account, but a basic Business Paypal account. I was initially under the impression that I did not need a Pro Paypal account to set up memberships. Thanks for advising. I only see info stating that is needed to set up forms.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 2:07 am #19127
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Kate,

You only need PayPal Pro if you want to accept payments on-site with s2Member Pro. You can certainly use s2Member Pro without a PayPal Pro account:

*PayPal® Pro is NOT Absolutely Required* s2Member is very flexible. It is now possible to integrate Pro Forms without a PayPal® Pro account, whereby the enhanced Form Shortcodes that s2Member provides can be integrated ONLY with PayPal® Express Checkout. In other words, if you get declined for PayPal® Pro service, you can still use s2Member Pro Forms. Ask PayPal® to activate Express Checkout for you. ( it’s free ). Once Express Checkout is enabled, you will have access to your PayPal® API Credentials. Log into your PayPal® account, and navigate to Profile -> API Access (or Request API Credentials). You’ll choose ( Request API Signature ). Now … here is the tricky part; whenever you generate a Pro Form Shortcode with s2Member, be sure to change accept=”paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo” to just accept=”paypal”; thereby excluding the on-site credit card processing functionality; which is available only with PayPal® Pro.

You can definitely accept recurring subscriptions with a PayPal Basic Business Account, however you may need to have PayPal enable recurring subscriptions on your account (it’s free). I suggest checking with them to confirm that you account has that feature enabled.

For more information on PayPal services, see Video » By PayPal®, Service Introductions (Highly Recommended).

Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 7:40 am #19159
Simon Cooke
Username: Simon23

yes – but can she take customer payments with credit cards with this approach ?

or just accept payments via other paypal accounts ?

si

Posted: Saturday Jul 14th, 2012 at 5:01 am #19214
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Simon,

That will depend on your PayPal settings. I know it’s possible to accept credit card payments through PayPal without a PayPal Pro account (i.e., allow customers to pay with a credit card on PayPal without signing up for a PayPal account).

You’ll need to check with PayPal to see if that feature has been enabled on your account.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.