latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Clickbank and Buddypress

Home Forums Community Forum Clickbank and Buddypress

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Oct 31st, 2012 at 11:23 pm #30297
jakob h
Username: jakeh

Two questions:

1. I have a site with Buddypress and s2member and planning on taking payments using ClickBank. Do people register before they make the ClickBank payment or vice versa?

2. If the answer to the above is that they pay first, can I link to ClickBank on a domain that isn’t the one that s2member is installed on? The reason I’m asking is because my current sales page doesn’t match the design of my new buddypress site that will be the “members area”.

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Nov 1st, 2012 at 9:00 pm #30372
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

The s2Member ClickBank shortcode generators (e.g., Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Buttons -› Membership Level # Buttons) generate ClickBank buttons. Those buttons allow your customer to pay through ClickBank. After a successful payment, s2Member sends them a Signup Confirmation Email (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email), which includes a link to register their account on your site.

If you want to place the ClickBank button on a different domain, what you’ll need to do is get the URL version of the s2Member-generated ClickBank button. To do that, first generate the ClickBank shortcode as normal (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Buttons -› Membership Level # Buttons). Then, change the output=”” attribute to output=”url”. Now copy/paste that shortcode onto a WordPress page and then view that page. The shortcode will turn into a URL that you can copy and use anywhere you want (another domain, an email, etc.).

When someone makes a purchase with that URL, s2Member will send the Signup Confirmation Email, which includes a link to register their account on your site.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.